PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a chance for a turn, semi-bluff raise?

chesspain
12-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Party 1/2...my perception was that the table was average to a bit tighter than average...

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in UTG+1

Folded to me and I openlimp (I know, I probably should have mucked), folded to the button who calls, SB completes, BB checks...

J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

It's checked around

[J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB folds, and I...call (ugh)...button folds...

[J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check....

Given the respect my raises had gotten in previous hands, should this have been an automatic raise for me on the turn, with the flush draw and the appearance that I may have openlimped with and then been slowplaying a hand like JT, KJ or AJ?

Results below...
SB showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to take the small pot with the better kicker

scotnt73
12-13-2003, 01:48 PM
ill take the heat with ya on this one..id have played it the same way

ArchAngel71857
12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
fold preflop. your description of the table isn't loose enough to be limping in with this. You cn safely limp in with Axs in EP when routinely there are 9 people seeing the flop and you are the one who isn't.

Raise the turn. you gained absolutely nothing from calling. SB took advantage of everyone's weakness and made a stab at the pot, if you raise and he 3-bets you know where you stand, but i see a raise here as being correct.

-AA

Nottom
12-13-2003, 05:52 PM
I think a turn raise may have worked here since it looks like a slowplayed J.