PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!

Niceriver
12-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Hi all.
Plz help me, and tell me that i can be unlucky for long time... /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Im been playing at party, and for the last 150 hours (3 tables all the time) i have been playing 2/4$ but CANT WIN! I have 10$ in profit (this is a joke, just to write it /images/graemlins/blush.gif) at the 2/4$ tables, but cant figure out what i do wrong!
I only play fixed ring games, and i first started out at 0,5/1$ where i made about 3$ an hour (played 44 hours at 3 tables all the time), (played about 190 hours of 0,5/1$ all sites inclusive with a 6$ win-rate is that enough to know im a winning player /images/graemlins/confused.gif). I moved up to 1/2$ when I felt that i was a winning player at 0,5/1$ and had the required bankroll (300BB). At 1/2$ i have played 76 hours at party (again 3 tables most time) and have a win-rate here at 8,52$, (again here a total of 143 hours playing 1/2$ all sites inclusive with a winrate at 6,2$ a hour in total.) I felt to be a wining player downhere, so moved up to 2/4$ where i play now, but simply cant win! I'm 99% sure that my game are good enough to win up here (dont seem to be that much difference to 1/2$, or am i wrong?) but i feel that i get rivered and drawed out all the time, and that i dont have the "luck" in the big pots.
I have all the time just said to myself: take it easy, you know you are good enough to win here... (i belive in that, when i see what cards people are playing, and how they coldcall HU, with low pair no kicker ect....) but just seem that the bad streak wont stop!
So i wanna hear you guys, do you think that it will come if i just move on up here?
Are people really that much better at 2/4$ than 1/2$?
how long have you guys trying to break even, when feeling you played right, but just get rivered and drawed out all the time...?
Really hope to get a lot of answer and help. i NEED IT..
(For my game i see my selv to be tight-aggressive, 20-21% flop seen, have read WLLHE, TOP, HEFAP, reading middle limit holdem now (are middle limit holdem for advanced to use at 2/4?)
Plz help... im really fustrated...
Thx for all you guys who have read this post, and thx for helping me out....

Niceriver

bernie
12-13-2003, 11:11 AM
everyone's a great and winning player when they go on a good streak. no matter how many bets they may be missing during it. the true test is how you play during the down times. and bad streaks can last awhile. my latest online bad streak cost me about 3-400 BB. live play, ive had bad streaks that last weeks at a time.

you really dont have enough hours to really use as a barometer. keep reviewing your play to make sure it's the cards not coming and not a leak that has sprung. once that's confirmed, you just have to ride it out.

you can also cut down the # of tables you play until you post a couple wins and build back your confidence. or move back down a limit to ride out the streak.

fun game isnt it?

just some ideas

b