PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good one...

CJC
12-13-2003, 05:52 AM
Hello Guys,

Here is one that I thought was funny..
10-20 stud..standard structure ($1 ante $3 bring in )

I am forced low (3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif)4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
We are 7 handed at the time. My other opponents had ALL of the 10's,and two of them had 9's.

I brought it in for a full $10 bet. ( which I almost NEVER do )

Five of my six opponents called the full bring in! Including all the tens..

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ

Actually this hand got humorous, but this is all I wanted to say.

banditbdl
12-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Either your opponents had some crazy hands, it was a great game, or both. Hope you took it down.

Diplomat
12-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Let me guess, you caught running nines for two pair?

-Diplomat

CJC
12-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Hi,

No actually I won a rather large pot thanks to moronic play by my opponents. I tripped up on the river, after I mostly bet it the whole way down ( I caught suited A and K on 4th-5th respectively )

2 of the opponents with the tens had large pocket pairs and failed to bet,raise,or re-raise at all during the hand. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

People wonder why they go home broke from the card room.

CJ

MRBAA
12-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Just curious, was bringing it in for 10 just a "wtf" move to change things up, or did you feel you had value against weak opponents with dead door cards? I'd be more likely to do this as the bring in with something like (3A) 3 than with a low kicker.

CJC
12-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Hi MRB!!

was bringing it in for 10 just a "wtf" move to change things up

Well yes and no, I wouldn't call it a 'WTF' move; but definately a mix-it-up play. The players hadn't see me do this before, and I of course had my respectable image'...since I was against completely duplicated cards I thought I had a reasonable chance of stealing the antes 'up front'..or at least narrowing the field. Obviously that worked well! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ