PDA

View Full Version : I'm back baby

banditbdl
12-13-2003, 01:59 AM
I know I've been making a few replies over here on the SS, but I just this week moved up to 2/4 so I'm back posting my own hands here for criticism and ridicule. ;

All hands 2/4 Party:

Hand 1

I'm UTG+1 and open-raise with AJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Two MP coldcallers, CO 3-bets, folded back to me, I call, call, call. 4 to the flop for 13 SB.

Flop is [ 9d, Ah, Th ]

I bet, call, fold, CO raises. I call, remaining MP calls. 3 to the turn for 19 SB.

Turn is Ks making the board [ 9d, Ah, Th, Ks] . Check, check, CO bets, I think and fold...

Hand 2

UTG+1, CO-1, and CO all limp and I raise with AKo on the button. SB folds, BB and all 3 limpers call. 5 to flop for 10 SB.

Flop is 7, 9, K rainbow. BB bets, all 3 limpers call and I raise. BB, UTG+1, and CO-1 all call, but now the CO makes it 3-bets. Right now I don't have much of a read on the CO, I haven't been at the table long and they haven't done anything noteworthy. Anyway, I call as do the others. 5 to the turn for 25 SB.

Turn is the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif putting two /images/graemlins/heart.gifs on the board.

Checked to the CO who bets, and I fold...

Hand 3

Same table as the last hand, most of the players are nice, loose-passive types.

I'm UTG and limp with AJo. 4 limpers to the SB who raises. BB calls. SB has been very loosey-goosey with his raises since I got to the table so I decide to try something and I reraise. One of the 4 limpers folds and the other 3 call the 2-bets back to the SB who caps it. The BB now gives up and folds. The rest of us call and there are 5 of us to the flop for 22 SB.

The flop is [ 3h, 9s, 4d ].

SB checks. I bet one player folds and the rest call. 4 to the turn for 26 SB.

The turn is the Qs for a board of [ 3h, 9s, 4d, Qs ].

SB checks, I bet and all call. 4 to the river for 17 BB.

River is 2c for a board of [ 3h, 9s, 4d, Qs, 2c ].

It gets checked around and the SB takes it down with K3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif The other two players had JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif and A2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving one a straight-flush draw on the turn and the other the nut flush draw.

FYI, I think I was way out of line betting the turn here. What I'm really interested in is what you guys think of the limpreraise with AJo given where the raise came from and the texture of the table. The more I think about it the more like it, but I might be insane.

Monty Cantsin
12-13-2003, 02:35 AM
Take my comments with a grain of salt. I'm no sage, just a lowly acolyte, but here goes:

Hand 1

Pre-flop: I would probably limp here, but I think raising is fine.

Turn: I think you have to call here. You may have the best hand and if you don't you certainly have pot odds to draw to your kicker and gutshot straight.

Hand 2

Flop: I would probably go ahead and cap the CO's 3-bet to see if you can squeegee some of the barnacles off the table, but I guess the call is maybe ok.

Turn: I don't get this, why are you folding? You have TPTK, the board isn't that scary and the pot is large. The CO's flop 3-bet could mean all sorts of things, I would probably call this one down at least.

Hand 3

Pre-flop: If you think someone's raise is sketchy you want to get it heads up with them if possible, your limp re-raise trapped a whole mess of folks in between the two of you and guaranteed a big pot that would keep them clinging on with things like bottom pair king kicker, and the hand played out accordingly. I think this re-raise is terrible.

/mc

DCM
12-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Hand 1 i am not sure about the fold but ehhh
Hand 2 terrible fold i think you are way ahead most of the time, at the very very least you have to call this down

banditbdl
12-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Hand 1

MP calls, river is a blank CO bets and MP folds.

Hand 2

Everyone else calls the CO's turn bet and 4 of them go to the river with 16 BB in the pot. The river is the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and it gets checked to the CO who bets again. Call, call, and now a checkraise. The checkraise is called around and UTG+1 and CO-1(river checkraiser) split the 24 BB pot with each holding 86o and a rivered straight to beat the CO's flopped set of 7's.

Nottom
12-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Hand 1: You are getting 10ish-1 to draw to your gutshot. I think you need to call.

Hand 2: Its ugly, but I think this is a good fold. Smells like a set to me.

Hand 3: I don't like the limp-reraise at all. Most of the players who put in one will put in another 2 preflop, you are out of position and SB might actually have a real hand this time. If you want to try and thin the field just raise to begin with. If you had AJs I think this play has a lot more merit.

You missed on the flop, stop trying to make calling stations fold in a big pot. Its not gonna happen.

banditbdl
12-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Hand 1

I'm not sure about calling in hand one as the third player involved may be stealing some of my gutshot outs. If he's on a heart draw that takes one of my 4 outs away. If he has a jack I have 4 outs but its only to 1/2 the pot. Finally, the fact he is in opens up the possibility he may have a queen and is looking for a jack to the straight. All that said, I still think my fold here was generally weak tight.

I thought my turn fold in Hand 2 was the easiest but most painful of the two folds. I hate throwing away TPTK, but if there was a time to do it I thought this was it. Turns out I was in fact drawing dead to my opponents set.

Hand 3

I really massacred this one. The limpreraise was generally stupid. All this trouble likely could have been avoided if I had just raised with the AJo right away which is a play I will make depending on the table and which was in order here.