PDA

View Full Version : What have I done wrong

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Dollar Hands - No Limit - no blinds or antes.

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check he raises one, and I raise five. I am called.

8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet one, he thinks and calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I raise three and he calls and raises four. I was getting good pot odds so I called.

He turns over pocket eights. Did I play that wrong?

Dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I am raised five and I reraise five - I am called.

before flop my opponent goes sweet! suited spades!

flop comes

4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Opponent raises five and I think and I fold.

He turns over two spades.

10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Opponent raising like crazy preflop and I put him on a bluff. We are almost comitited to pot.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, he checks

5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check check

9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
he bets five, and I call.

he flipps over pocket fours.

How am I supposed to place a tight player on pocket fours with preflop raises.

JohnShaft
12-13-2003, 03:04 AM
No Limit - no blinds or antes.

I don't really do No Limit, and maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this like crazy? Doesn't it totally defeat the object of playing No Limit (and Poker in general)?

This has to be a crazy home game right?

Trefo
12-13-2003, 03:28 AM
1st hand..... i would probably check the river cause if he's bluffing he'd most likely check at that point....But before i saw the result i said trips to myself....

2nd hand....you played fine nice laydown....

3rd hand....you put him on a bluff but then didn't put him to the test.......Once that 2nd ace came up you have to bet hard there......to see where your at.....don't let him catch some nonsense that'll beat you........Like i said you had a good read on your opponent but now you must trust your instincts....

By the way can i get in on this game?

1800GAMBLER
12-13-2003, 07:21 AM
I'd be more interested in getting a blind structure in a game included players who play so bad, than be interested in playing a little better.

Uppercut
12-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Stop playing AA. It never wins. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chesspain
12-13-2003, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dollar Hands - No Limit - no blinds or antes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, what's the point of playing with a structure like this?

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 01:20 PM
well usually we play ante a dollars, or a tourney, but we played some no antes. Most waited for the nuts, or second best, and since this dummy was raising preflop like mad, I thought I would sit in a few. I played 11 hands the whole time, and had at least one caller on 9 of them (this is how bad they are) This is preflop, large raises with these hands too.

AA AA AA AK AK QQ QQ KK KK 1010 JJ

Don't say I played too tight because I got called on every on except 99 and QQ once.

I was raised with pokect aces in my hand twice...
he won one with 88 and one with 26... I mean... how the hell am I gonna put him on 2 6 with preflop raises

Nottom
12-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Ah, what's the point of playing with a structure like this?

To have the patience to wait for AA.

Nottom
12-13-2003, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand....you played fine nice laydown....

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a horrible lay down.

First you should have re-raised again preflop with your aces.

After you smoothcall and see the flop. Even if he flipped over his hand and showed you the spades you still have an easy call getting 5-1 on your call with top set.

chesspain
12-13-2003, 04:18 PM
That sounds more boring than playing five-handed Omaha8...which we allow in our homegame to keep one of our regulars happy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nottom
12-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Misread the preflop action so ignore the comment about not reraising.

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 04:31 PM
fine, if I am getting an easy call, what if he raises 50 on the turn if I miss my FH

Nottom
12-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Judging from most of the hands you post, he will probably bet something stupid like $5 again.

Besides what if you hit your boat? Sounds like payday to me.

What happens on the turn depends on what the situation is there. At 5-1 you easily have odds to see the turn. If things change on the turn then maybe you fold.

SpaceAce
12-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Hand one, I figured him for a set. Still, I can't blame you for not laying down AA against that board. When he raised you on the river, you were beat but with that much money already in I don't think your call was wrong. Who knows? He could have been playing KK.

I think your laydown in hand 2 was very poor. Even if he had the flush, why would he tell you? Because he wants you out of the hand. You should usually do the opposite of what your opponent wants. In fact, after he said, "Sweet," about the spades, I would have said, "Real sweet," and raised him. You didn't say which spades he turned up but I am thinking they were pretty low and he didn't want to risk another one coming. So, the way I see it, you have one Ace, three fours, three eights, three of whatever comes on the turn (unless the turn makes your hand) PLUS any spade is going to be scary for him if he doesn't have the nut flush. You should have continued on in this hand.

In hand #3 with all that pre-flop raising you should have at least given your opponent credit for an Ace. You didn't say how big the pot was but with checks on the turn and river, I doubt it was worth $5 to see if your tens would hold up which I don't think you had any reason to believe they would.

SpaceAce

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
no!!!!!he said, "sweet I have high suited spades" before! the flop... It was kind of random... weird

Big Jon
12-17-2003, 06:20 PM
I think your opponent is a horrible player, that's what I think. Especially considering the play on Hand #3. He should have taken you for twice what he did.

daryn
12-17-2003, 06:38 PM
what does this mean, dollar hands.. ante dollars, i hear this [censored] a lot.. what does it mean??

Nottom
12-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Dude! it means he is anteing dollars!! Dollars, I tell ya!

None of that nickle-dime crap here.

daryn
12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
so they both ante a dollar.. what i don't get is when he says

so yeah, we were playing heads up ante dollars, no blinds and no ante.

???