PDA

View Full Version : Wild Party Sit and Go

bigjay
12-13-2003, 12:11 AM
While the title might be a bit of an oxymoron playing the 10+1s at Party, this one was a bit more fun and memorable than most.

Started off good, second hand in managed to drain half a guys stack with A-6 suited on a A-2-3-9-6 flop... he had A-5. No real betting until the river where I took him down. About 15 hands later took down two small stacks with A-K on a 3-5-K-10-Q flop. Then the real fun began. One guy who was short stacked goes allin on a rag flop 2-3-7. I'm sitting with A-Q and figured he could well be calling with nothing to steal the pot so I take him allin for 600 leaving me with about 1000 or so. Turn J, river 9, he turns over a 2... grrr... One of the tighter players pipes in "interesting call"... was one of those calls I knew I shouldn't make but had a feeling about... which was wrong.

So we go on and I tighten up. Another hand comes up, blinds at around 100-200, I have 1100 on the BB, dealt KK. UTG goes all-in 400, everyone folds to the button who calls. I raise 400 to take the button allin thinking I'm set. Flop comes 10-8-J-3-7. UTG flips 10s, button flips As... yikes!

So now we're down to 4 and I'm short stacked. Staying out of the action until I'm BB, 10-6s, two call to me so I check. Flop comes 10-K-9 with K-9 my suit. I check, then call a raise. Turn comes Q to complete my flush. I all-in, one folds, other calls (the guy who made the interesting call crack). River comes nothing and he flips K-rag and doubles me up... so of course I say "interesting call"... he responds "jack A". I laugh...

I end up finishing second after he knocks himself out of the money and I wait out the third place. Was a wild time, I flipped from high stack to the low stack about three times... good fun but definately not my most solid play.

jacki
12-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Here's my crazy story from today:

These are the first 4 hands of the tourney:
Hand 1: 5-5 UTG +1
I limp along with 3 or 4 others.
Flop comes 2-3-4 rainbow.
I go all-in, everyone folds, I win.

Hand 2:
K-K UTG
I bet out $100, everyone folds.
(everyone thinks I'm a maniac now.)

Hand 3:
Rags in BB, I fold to a min raise.

Hand 4:
A-A in SB
UTG raises to $50. THREE CALLERS.
I raise to $500, thinking I'll either take it down or get one caller.
I GET FOUR CALLERS!!!!!
Flop comes 3-7-7
I go allin, and THREE of the four call allin.
Turn: 7, River: x
The three had KTs, KJo, and T8s.
Unbelievable!
I scoop about $3600, and go on to easily win the tourney.

PrayingMantis
12-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Two nice crazy hands:

SNG, 6 left, I'm very short, Blinds going to eat me. I'm UTG+1, Going All-in with AQo. MP raises all-in, button calls. Both show AKo. I take big part of the pot when KJT flop, and I win with a broadway straight.

Just a funny one: end of SNG, I'm HU with someone who's almost dead. He goes all-in from the SB, the blinds are huge, I have 72o, and complete with like T50. He has K8o, I catch a 7 and win the tourney with 72o, supposedly the worst hand in HE. Sweet, isn't it?

PrayingMantis