PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed?

Bluff1
12-12-2003, 09:04 PM
It’s a 10$ sng and the blinds 25/50. I have about T1300 hundred in chips in front of me. Okay I’m utg with AcAh I just called the bb hoping someone will raise so I can then reraise. Early middle position player then raises one bb and he has about about T 3500 in front of him. It’s folded to the big blind who calls EMP’s raise and has about T1700. I then raise 250 more and get called by both players.

Flop Comes [Js 8h Ks]

BB Player bets 50 and I move all in. EMP folds and BB calls. He flips over 88 and I would never chase him down. Was I too aggressive with this hand? Should I bet smaller in this places incase I am beat that way I still have a chance to win the trny. It’s just so many times you will get called by a weak king or even a jack here. That it makes moving all in correct. One more question should I have raised a tad more preflop? That’s and bashing appreciated. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Bluff1

cferejohn
12-12-2003, 09:13 PM
The preflop raise could have been a bit larger (I think I might have made it 400), but at these $10 tables, its no sure thing that even all-in would have gotten out the 8's. Once the flop comes, I just don't see any way you could get away from this hand. You *could* have raised something like 400 after his minimum flop bet, but at that point you've got half your stack in there and its going to be hard to lay down AA to what could easily be AK.

Maybe if you were playing an opponent who *knew* you would only call-re-raise with AA, and therefore would only set you all in after a raise to 400 with something that could beat that. Of course, if he *knew* you knew he knew that, then he could be doing it as a bluff, etc etc).

zooey
12-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I like to go all in preflop here after limping and getting the raise. You'll get some surprising calls from weak players, with the added bonus of peace of mind if you bust out with the best hand. If the players in the SnG seem better than normal, a smaller (but larger than 250) raise makes sense, but with the usual Party crowd, just relax and shove in here.

Best,

Zooey