PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Play Sites

1p0kerb0y
12-12-2003, 08:11 PM
For someone new to the online poker community, what site(s)would you recommended and why? I've sampled several and am ready to throw some real money into it but first want to check with my fellow 2+2ers.

Hung
12-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Party poker and Empire Poker
Because they're so many fish, it's like fishing in your own aquarium.

UB, because their software is too cool. They listen to the customer and adapt their site very often. I like the look and feel. Players are a bit stronger then average. But thanks to the slider, bet pot button it's easier to get reads.

Say hi if you see me. I'm Naruto.
Don't take my money.

Lori
12-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Party, Pokerstars, Ultimate, Paradise by a mile.(no offense to True or Gaming club, but they are the top four)

If you could say a bit more about limits/games/formats you like maybe we could narrow this down.

Lori

Jim Easton
12-12-2003, 08:46 PM
You also should look into the rake rebate offers. If you haven't received PM's about them yet, you certainly should soon.

Rainbow Warrior
12-13-2003, 01:45 AM
I was about to try Empire for the first time (I have played Party) when they were advertising 25%. Now I don't even see 20% being offered. Awaiting PM's....

pretender2k
12-13-2003, 05:44 AM
I personally prefer UB and Stars. Play is a little tighter than Party but I like the software on both and like a little less swing in my bankroll. I am also recording my best win average on UB after about 5000 on both. Although I play off hours usually midnight and later central time.

scotnt73
12-13-2003, 01:08 PM
id def play party first. be sure and get a bonus code from the sight or an affiliate before signing up though****no im not an affiliate just trying to help

goodguy_1
12-13-2003, 02:19 PM
work on your heads-up game at Paradise.2-3 years ago when I first played online I would play hour after hour HU against alot of excellent and horrible players there.I still run into 2-3 of those players in real money games.

Also if you are just learning to play a new game-playing play money can be educational as long as other players are playing semi-realistically.The shorter you play the more realistic.

It's a great way to hone skills for HU and short games because play-money play(wild,fast and loose)is much closer to real-money than play-money full ring games which are too loose and wont really help you as much as the short games.

daveymck
12-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Victor Chandler/Golden Palace are trialing giving prizes to those that win their play single seat tournies. Think they are going to give away somthing like $.5 but they also have some small table limits ie .05/.10 maybe lower.

Its not really a busy site but the play tables are always busy and there is a main chat window where you can ask any questions as well which might be good if its your first time online.

Not connected to the site at all but as I started out my poker there can recommend it.

KSU78
12-13-2003, 06:33 PM
I like to play at Pokerroom (http://www.pokerroom.com) and Pacific Poker (http://www.pacificpoker.com). Both have provided excellent service and quick cashouts. Of the two, I prefer Pokerroom because of the number of short-handed and no-limit games. I may start playing at Pokerstars or Party.