PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical situation, what would you do?

Peter
12-12-2003, 03:46 PM
2-4 online loose passive game.

1 limper, I limp with 55, 2 other limpers and the SB completes.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It's checked around.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I raise, button calls, and BB calls.

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks.

Do you bet your set, or are you so afraid of a flush you just check? And why.

I would bet it.

Peter

JDErickson
12-12-2003, 03:53 PM
don't limp with 55 from EP. You need a lot of limpers to make 55 worth it.

After that when you hit your set bet it until someone tells you you are beaten. I would bet the river and call a raise.

Jim

ElSapo
12-12-2003, 03:56 PM
I like the limp in a loose-passive game after one limper.

I also like to bet my sets.

scotnt73
12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
i would cap the river if i had the chance. it was runner runner club on the turn and river=much less chance of a flush than if they were flopped. i limp 55 if i think the table will allow me in for 1 bet everytime. you know there are going to be 2-5 people seeing the flop usually at these limits. i would not limp 55 if i was in LP and it was folded to me id raise or fold depending on the table.

LetsRock
12-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Don't usually limp 55 EP or MP

Q/images/graemlins/club.gif may have filled a gutshot as well.

I still bet and call the river (if I'm even there to begin with).

ElSapo
12-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Why does no one like this limp?

Loose-passive, one limper already... start a congo line of limpers! Come on, you limp, I limp, suddenly everyone limps!

pudley4
12-12-2003, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2-4 online loose passive game
1 limper, I limp with 55, 2 other limpers and the SB completes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy preflop limp (especially if it's at TruePoker, where I know you play)

Flop: Good
Turn: Good
River: Bet, call a raise.

SpaceAce
12-12-2003, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would cap the river if i had the chance. it was runner runner club on the turn and river=much less chance of a flush than if they were flopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Everyone saw the turn for free so no one who would have dropped their flush draw was pushed out. Instead, someone might have picked up their club flush draw on fourth street and stayed in for fifth.

SpaceAce

pudley4
12-12-2003, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you bet your set, or are you so afraid of a flush you just check?

[/ QUOTE ]

I check-fold.

[ QUOTE ]
And why.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=438545&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ElSapo
12-12-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm laughing...

...you guys are making my day today.

scotnt73
12-12-2003, 05:20 PM
ive gotta ask el sapo what is up with that ugly ass frog pic? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JDErickson
12-12-2003, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does no one like this limp

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends where he was at. It doesn't say. If MP or later than maybe I'd limp depending on if I though most of the remaining players would limp. What if he only ended up with 3 limpers? EP, Him, BB?

What if: 1 EP limp, He limps, Folded to SB who raises, BB folds.

Jim

ElSapo
12-12-2003, 05:45 PM
what is up with that ugly ass frog pic?

Dude, you're calling me ugly?

El Sapo = frog/toad

Peter
12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good one.

However, since you're the sharp guy on this forum, you must have noticed that the suits of the 9 and 8 were different on that hand, so this must be a completely different hand.

Seriously, in that thread I was the BB with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I suggested if I had been still in (which I should have), I would probably have checkraised. Louis Landale said I couldn't expect the turn raiser to bet the river even if he had a set. I didn't agree and wanted your opinion on it, that's why I started this new thread. Thanks all for your input.

Peter

Magikist
12-12-2003, 06:16 PM
The action on the turn suggests that a club draw is out there. I would check the river.

scotnt73
12-12-2003, 06:24 PM
yeah, im gonna put him on 9c3c /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxPower
12-12-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm with you El. There's nothing wrong with limping in a loose passive game. JDErikson has some kind of phobia about it.

JohnShaft
12-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Limp is fine. In a loose game I'd possibly limp UTG with 55, but probably only if it was fairly aggressive post flop.
I'm with El Sapo though, try and turn this into a limp-fest.

I wouldn't even hesitate to bet the river. There's so many hands he can have that he'll call with in a sizable pot.
What?
Any King. Two pair. Even a 9.
There's plenty besides the flush draw to bet on the Turn.

Nah I'm betting the River. If you lost so be it.
Will you be called by the BB twice as much as you will be Checkraised on the River here? I definitely think so.

Bet that River.

WillMagic
12-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but those situations are tbe exceptions rather than the rule. In the loose passive party games, I've found that people have an incredible desire to limp, and it just increases exponentially with each limper already in.

If someone has limped in in front of me, and I'm in EP or MP, i'll limp along. It doesn't work in other games, but in a loose-passive game you'll get your implied odds and then some.

Will

Bob T.
12-13-2003, 07:55 AM
You limp, I limp, everyone limps. I limp in this situation.