View Full Version : Bad fold? Comments please

torp9
12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
15/30 Party Poker
MP1 calls, I call (MP2), Button raises
we both call
Flop is Ac, 9h, 2s
MP1 and I check, button bets, MP1 calls, I fold
Turn is Ah (I'm feeling good about my decision)
button bets and is called.
River is Qh, both check
MP1 shows 55, button shows 66
I folded with 88 (not feeling good anymore)
I think I should've reraised on the flop.
Comments?

rory
12-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Most of the time one of them is going to show you an Ace or a 9-- folding is fine.

-rory

Philuva
12-12-2003, 03:08 PM
This can hopefully isolate you against the limper and makes the hand a lot easier to play when you have position.

elysium
12-12-2003, 04:00 PM
hi torp
it's not a bad fold, but you should have raised. if the EP had checked, however, then you should also check and raise unless the EP check-raises. but when the EP bets, i like the raise. if he reraises then you need to make a decision about whether to fold on the turn or not.

as the hand went, folding wasn't awful. you may be a better player torp and sometimes the better players make these type folds under the right conditions. and sometimes they grit their teeth and raise.

LetsRock
12-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Unless you know the raiser to be capable of raising with small PP (in which case a 3-bet PF would have been good), the fold is a no brainer. He wasn't ascared of the A on the flop. Unless I know otherwise, I pretty much assume raises = AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK or AQ, so the A scares me.

AJo Go All In
12-12-2003, 11:27 PM
not to be overly harsh, but if folding 88 with two overcards including an ace on board is a very tough decision for you, then you should consider dropping down in limits.

also, it doesn't make sense for you to feel better about your fold because the turn was an ace. this card only made it less likely that one of your opponents had an ace.

astroglide
12-13-2003, 04:57 AM
agree and agree

torp9
12-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Not too harsh at all...I was looking for constructive criticism.
Thanks