PDA

View Full Version : Maniac on Party 5+1 Multi

Piiop
12-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Currently playing on Party 5+1 Multi table. Started with 798 down to 438. Average chipstack is 1800 and I'm doing pretty well with 2705. We're currently on the first break.

The problem is a complete maniac at my table. He goes all-in almost every hand he's in and plays about %60 of his hands. The few times he's been called he shows down stuff like KTo, K4s, 67s. He also has won every time he has been called. On the 67s, the flop came Q J T rainbow, and it gets checked around. Next card 9c putting two clubs, one guy bets 1/2 pot, he goes all-in, one caller, original bettor folds. River is another club giving him the runner-runner flush. The maniac currently has the same stack size as me. There is one other person at the table with 100 less and the next closest is 600 chips less.

At one point I laid down KhQh to his preflop all-in. Would anyone have called this? We both had around 2300 and it was pretty early in the tourny.

Any suggestions other than waiting for a AA-JJ to take him down?

ironman007
12-12-2003, 02:59 PM
I would be patient, your in good chip position, This type of player will get busted by someone very soon and I know you want it to be you but you don't want to risk all of your chips by focussing on one player. KQ is an easy fold. You need to be aware of the other players as most good players are looking to trap the maniac