PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the tables

thomastem
12-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Last night I was on a table that had me rolling. There were about 5 of us throwing some good natured smack around and laughing it up. The good stuff lasted for quite a while and I don't believe anyone left this table no matter how much they were losing. We may have gone a full hour without turnover.

Earlier we were on a table where an individual went as far as ignoring hellos. I guess the humor just gets in the way. Flop% was way lower and the turnover was big, I believe this table broke up in a short period.

The moral to the story is that fish that come to play for entertainment value will not stay at a table full of sharks for long. They will enjoy losing their money if they have fun and count it as a bargain. Their notes on players may read something like "Funny guy" rather than "fish" or "calling station". Hell they may even start seeking you out because they have fun.

WalleyeJason
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Thomastem,

I try to chat it up with players, and make funny comments...And try to get people talking. I feel that a table that talks and has fun is willing to lose more money.
I'll try to start converstations about anything, I will also sometimes act like a dork, (not to hard for me) I love it when 2 people start talking trash to one another. I try to provoke it by staying completly nuetral, but say funny things to try to make light of the situation. I have found it to be profitable a few diffrent times.

There is this one guy I love to sit at a table with, He's a good player...But he likes to put people on tilt. And just by being at his table a few times, I have had some sap try to make a move on me when I had the nuts!!

WJ