PDA

View Full Version : How do you play the turn?

Rico Suave
12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I am relatively new to the table, and so I have no good reads yet. Table is loose.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Rico has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is Button

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, Rico raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

Flop(10 1/2 SB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP1 bets, EP2 calls, Rico raises, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 folds, EP2 calls

Turn(9 3/4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP2 bets, Rico calls, BB calls, UTG calls

River(13 3/4 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP2 checks, Rico bets, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 folds

My question here is how do you play the turn with no good read on EP2.

--Rico

Joe Tall
12-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Looks a little strange. He may have a have picked up a 4-flush and was trying to put a move to you with the board pairing. I'd raise the turn, as it's an image thing w/me. With no reads on any of the players the call can't be that bad.

Peace,
JT

LetsRock
12-12-2003, 10:27 AM
I think I'd do just what you did. Their call after your raise told you what you wanted to know.

That hand looked like they were taking turns trying to buy you out. Pretty funny.

WDC
12-12-2003, 10:40 AM
I think its close, but I would raise back one time. I think EP could make this play with a worse A or a flour flush. However, I will not raise here unless I am committed to the calling a three bet. If not, calling is probably a better play.

bernie
12-12-2003, 10:43 AM
id have raised the turn. then maybe fold to a 3 bet.
if no 3 bet, you can decide whether to take the free showdown.

the guy may have only turned 2 pair. especially given his river play.

b

ElSapo
12-12-2003, 11:05 AM
I'd play it as you did... He may have picked up a flush draw, or had a weak ace and now thinks his kicker might not play.