PDA

View Full Version : What the hell did they have? Very weird hand.

Ulysses
12-12-2003, 02:54 AM
The only analysis here, I guess, would be whether or not I should 3-bet the turn. But seriously, I'm just wondering what the hell these guys might have had.

Very aggressive Party 6-max 10/20

akshawnd (that's me) posts small blind (5)
Dealt to akshawnd [ As, Ah ]

CRAZY AGGRESSIVE EP raises, LP calls, I 3-bet, crazy aggressive BB calls, EP caps, LP calls, I call, BB calls.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6c, 4c, 3h ]

I bet, call, call, call.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ts ]

I bet, BB raises, EP cold-calls, LP cold-calls, I 3-bet, BB (turn raiser) folds (!!!!), EP calls, LP calls.

** Dealing River ** : [ 7d ]

I bet. EP folds. LP folds.

PokerPrince
12-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Probably just club/overcard draws.

PokerPrince

Coilean
12-12-2003, 03:58 AM
Why bet the river? Are these guys crazy enough to call you with a pair here? I would rather check and hope the crazy EP decides he can now bluff, besides which I'm also not thrilled with facing a river raise here as it doesn't sound like you could safely fold and you could very easily be beaten by a straight. As for what they had, surely one or both had clubs, or maybe even figured out you could beat a pair of 6's.

Ulysses
12-12-2003, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the river? Are these guys crazy enough to call you with a pair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah! Actually, after the pre-flop action and the suspicious lack of raising on the flop, I actually put these guys on some overpairs. So, the turn action didn't surprise me and I was very comfortable 3-betting - a cap would let me know I might be against a set.

On the river, I felt these guys had pairs and would call me with them.

In retrospect, not just based on the results, I agree that a check to induce a bluff (or value bet from a medium-sized pair) would have been better.

LetsRock
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the river? Are these guys crazy enough to call you with a pair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - I played a hand recently where I raised AKo from button, got no improvement and pushed on every street only to get called ("well that didn't work /images/graemlins/frown.gif") by someone who couldn't even beat my A high hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Ya just never know against some of these yahoos.

karlson
12-12-2003, 12:33 PM
All right. Now to change 5 sets of notes that say "hm...this might be ulysses".

Nice hand, it seems like you had a good read on the BB. I wouldn't have been worried about anyone else, so a 3-bet seems reasonable.

After that goes through, I like the river bet.