PDA

View Full Version : Bottom two on a monotone board

Glurfle
12-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Party 2/4. I think I may have botched this hand. 4 limpers to me, I limp in LP with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO limps, button raises, everyone calls. PokerTracker says button's a tight sort - hasn't raised anything goofy that's been shown down, at least. Anyways, 7 to the flop, 15.5 SB in the pot.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet, hoping to 3-bet a raise from the button. CO raises instead, only one EP player cold calls, and I call. Don't know anything at all about the CO, EP appears to be reasonable - if he's calling 2 cold, he's probably got a high club. 3 to the turn, 10.75 BB.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to CO who bets, EP calls, I check-raise, CO 3-bets, UTG calls, I call. Oops. I guess I'm drawing to 4 outs now.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Checked around. I'd fold to any bet, though. EP almost certainly has me beat now, assuming CO didn't already.

In retrospect, I think maybe I should have 3-bet the flop to see what CO would do. If he'd capped the flop or raised me when I led out on the turn, I could have put him on a flopped flush or possibly a set a little cheaper. At the time, I was more interested in charging EP to draw to his flush, since I thought CO might raise a fairly wide range of hands besides the made flush on the flop. On the other hand, I charged myself a whole lot to draw. Thoughts?

crockpot
12-12-2003, 05:30 AM
if your plan was to check raise the turn, then yes, three-betting the flop is better since you gain information. if you have the best hand you are still getting money in the pot this way.