PDA

View Full Version : What were they calling with?

phild
12-12-2003, 01:58 AM
Newbie here and first hand posted.

Paradise 2/4...Fairly loose-passive table but no real reads.

I'm on the button and dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP3 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, folded to me, I raise, SB folds, BB folds, EP3, MP1 and MP2 call...four to the flop for 9.5 SB...

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP3 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, I raise and all call...four to the turn for 17.5 SB...

[6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP3 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, I raise, EP3 coldcalls, MP1 and MP2 call...four to the river for 16 3/4 BB...

[6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, EP3 folds, MP2 calls, MP2 folds, MP2 calls...results below
MP1 showed K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for one kicker shy and one of the leaks in my game.

But what were EP3 and MP2 calling with?

WBueler
12-12-2003, 03:12 AM
it's possible that EP3? had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and called because he had middle pair with a backdoor draw. he was checking and calling and folded when the club hit on the river... as for MP2, i'm clueless... maybe 76s or something, but i can't seee anyone calling any possible hand all the way down like that...

SpaceAce
12-12-2003, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Newbie here and first hand posted.

Checked to me, I bet, EP3 folds, MP2 calls, MP2 folds, MP2 calls...results below

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! How many times did MP2 get to act on the river? I think I'd call a floorman.

Anyway, given that "loose passive" is all we know about the table or players, I'd say they could have been holding almost anything with my #1 guess being at least one underpair. I think AK or AQ is also entirely possible. A6 with the backdoor flush possibility is also not unreasonable with loose passive players.

SpaceAce

Analyst
12-12-2003, 01:11 PM
This part did make it a bit confusing:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that you meant "EP3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds", then I'd put MP1 on KJo or QJo, good to see I got this one right and good for you, too!

I'd put MP2 on something like 78s, looking for a gutshot/backdoor flush, and EP3 on some small pocket pair, maybe 55 or 33.

phild
12-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Sorry, I screwed up. MP2 didn't get to act three times on the river. MP1 called and MP2 folded.

I agree with an underpair or something like A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for EP3 (UTG+2 10 handed). I knew it wasn't A /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif when I didn't get re-raised on the turn. You're right, he probably had flush draw when he dropped on the river. MP2 is just baffling.

I'm glad I was right on MP1 too.

Thanks for responding. I'll try not to screw up next time.

Phil