PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick on the button.

Raiser
12-11-2003, 11:48 PM
I think I got too cute here on the flop. I don't think it would have mattered, but...

Party .5/1 - no reads on any of the players as I'm fairly new to the table and I haven't played with any of them before.

Dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. UTG and CO call. I raise. Blinds fold, UTG and CO call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked around. Let me have it.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif[A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif]. UTG checks, CO bets, I raise, UTG calls, CO re-raises, I call, UTG calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif[J /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif]. UTG checks, CO bets, we both call.
CO shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the turned boat.
UTG has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Turns out that a bet on the flop wouldn't have changed anything, probably, but I still think I need to play hands like this more quickly. Thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

MrBlini
12-12-2003, 12:00 AM
I agree with playing it more quickly, if only because I've seen this far too much:

Check-check-check
Check-check-bet-fold-fold

I want to get my bets in when I'm ahead and they are likely to be called. If there isn't another ace out there, the turn bet may not find any callers. If there is another ace out there, it becomes a split if the board pairs up again, and there's a mystery card to make a full house.

I think I'm more likely to get called by hands that are behind on the turn if I bet the flop. At this level, players may not believe you are betting the top trips, because they would usually slowplay this and bet the turn.

AJ is sticking around anyway, though. There's no way to win this one.

rkiray
12-12-2003, 12:36 AM
I'd bet that flop every time last to act. It would have changed one thing. You would have lost more money. Maybe even two sbs. But I'd still do it.

scotnt73
12-12-2003, 09:55 AM
raise the flop! but you KNOW that bro. pretend we are all watching thats what i do.