PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 turn 3 bet heads up

bad beetz
12-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I raise KJo first in 3 off button.

Button calls, he's kind of loose, vietnamese guy. One of the guys I really don't like to play shorthanded with and seems to know what I have.

Blinds fold.

Flop comes K55.
I bet, he raises, I call.

I call because if he's agressive and he'll keep betting with whatever, but I think theres a good chance I'm ahead

Turn is K55J. sweet, I think I'm definitely ahead, this dude can't have a 5.

I check, he bets, I raise, he three bets, I get a sinking feeling. I think and call.

River is no help, I check and he bets like he knows he's ahead. I call.

blehk?

Duke
12-11-2003, 09:21 PM
If he cold-called a raise with a 5 in his hand then who cares what happened this time? You'll beat him over time right?

~D

Ulysses
12-11-2003, 11:16 PM
One of the guys I really don't like to play shorthanded with and seems to know what I have.

4-bet him on the turn. Win or lose, it'll be a step towards making you one of the guys he doesn't like to play shorthanded with.

elysium
12-12-2003, 03:52 AM
hi bad
this sounds like a good, tricky, opponent. when this type of opponent is on the button, unless you're prepared to reraise the flop, do not come in that weak. the flop call by you against this guy is the worst play in history. you must reraise in this spot every time. a simple reraise by you on the flop, and you bet on the turn, and bet again into him on the river. if he wins, you have caused him to make the mistake of not raising you when he had the leader. if, on the other hand, he raises the turn, you can fold. never ever call his flop raise if calling rather than reraising means he will reach into his bag of tricks.

nykenny
12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4-bet him on the turn. Win or lose, it'll be a step towards making you one of the guys he doesn't like to play shorthanded with.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's a good one. worse case u lose 2 extra bets to A5s or slow-played AA. othertimes u will get paid by AK or KQ or chopping with KJ... at least he will know not to mess with you unless he has the nuts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif (if that's what you want)

Kenny

Philuva
12-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I would have played it the same way.

Ulysses
12-12-2003, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at least he will know not to mess with you unless he has the nuts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif (if that's what you want)

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my general thought re: overaggressive players who love to make lots of moves.

In full games, I'd rather they continue using all their moves like checkraising me on the turn with nothing.

In short games, I'd like for them to be a little more passive against me.