PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get in the money

slamdunkpro
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
To all you Tournament players out there. I've been playing large ($300+) tournemants for about 6 months now. Every event I'm finishing highter and higher, but I'm curious.

How long (either in # of major tournaments or calendar time) before you started fininshing in the money?

cferejohn
12-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Limit Sit n' Goes - I out and out won the first three I ever played.

Limit multi's - Placed 5th in the second one I ever played (live at Lucky Chances)

NL Sit-n-go - I think I placed 3rd in the first one I played.

NL Multi - Don't rightly recall. I think I placed in the money some time in the first 6 or 7 though (this was probably a $20 or $30 multi at Party).

CrisBrown
12-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Hi slamdunkpro,

My first tournament was a freeroll and was really the first time I'd ever played NLH outside of home games. I had JJ on the 4th hand, pushed in, and was up against both AA and KK. Oops. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My second tournament was a couple of months later, after I'd been playing a lot of SNGs. I caught some good cards at good times, cracked AA three times on sets, and ended up 3rd out of 280. That was more skill than luck, I suspect, but I did learn that if I'm careful and patient, I can win in multi-table tourneys. I just don't play them because the time commitment is so huge ... 4-5 hours to play and I just don't have that big a chunk to carve out of my day on most days.

Cris

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Multi-table tournies - online. In the money in my 5th one.
Multi-table tournies - Live. In the money my first 2, won one two weeks later.

eMarkM
12-11-2003, 06:15 PM
I put up $100 for my first deposit on Stars to play in KotZ I back in May. That was my first ever multitable tourney and I didn't money. I used my leftover cash to try out a $50 PLHE and I amazinginly took third out of 200 participants. 2nd tourney ever, it was quite a rush. That win was the birth of my tournament "career" and has been the source of my Stars bankroll ever since. 12 final table appearences, 3 firsts, 21 times in the money out of 107 tournaments, and several cashouts since then. I've only played a live tourney 4 times, moneying once.

Prickly Pete
12-11-2003, 06:43 PM
In online multis, I barely made the money in # 3. Tourney # 7 was my only real nice (and very fortunate) one - a 2nd place in a Stars $100.

In live tourneys, I'm 0 for 2.