PDA

View Full Version : New Game in Town (Help)

Tlaserx
12-11-2003, 04:35 PM
New Game in Tampa. $2 BB. No SB. 10 chairs, $2 bet on flop, turn, river no $4 bet. (Cap at $8 each round if there's a bet and 3 raises). 4-10 players call $2, then $4, then $6, then $8 almost every flop. Raise doesn't get anyone out. So, naturally I'm having trouble adjusting my game accordingly. With that much money in the pot to begin with. You constantly see top two pair, or a Set get beaten by a straight. I almost hate to have KK, QQ, or JJ and my straights / flushes seem to get hit hard by full houses by the guy who called three raises with 3,5. Weird.. How should one adjust to this "random winner" game? Play only flush draws & Straights? Fold for 3 bets on flop with 5,5? I just can't figure it out. Guy last night went from $60 to $380 in 4 hours but played just about every hand to the flop then folded on the flop alot. Is that right?

pudley4
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
You pay less per round in blinds than in a normal game, so you can play a little tighter.

There is less blind money in the pot, so you can play a little tighter.

There is no increase in bet size in the later rounds, so implied odds go down; therefore suited connectors and Axs hands go down in value.

There's also less of a benefit in waiting until the turn to raise with good hands, so pound away on the flop when you have a good hand.

Allan
12-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Here is link to a Clarkmeister post: A good theoretical problem (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=287441& Forum=smallholdem&Words=theoretical%20question&Mat ch=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=1year &Main=287441&Search=true#Post287441)

The discussion here should give you a concept of what the best strategy will be and also why this is a great structure for a player who is able to make the proper adjustments.

Allan

badboy
12-12-2003, 01:40 AM
With the reduced blinds, you definitely want to reduce the number of hands you would normally play. Yeah...it sucks, but it has to be done. When you do flop something strong but beatable if several players chase, make sure you bet it strong and fast. People will recognize you as a tight player who only bets when he has something. This will hopefully get you some respect on your raises. The first thing I do when I sit at a table is decide who's raises I will respect and who's raises I won't.