PDA

View Full Version : Passive Party Poker Play

eMarkM
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Here's a play I use frequently on Party and I was wondering if you guys thought this was +EV.

I'm loving the Party $100 NLHE games, very passive with a lot of limpers coming in with any suited, any A, any off suit connector, Q9o and other garbage hoping to get in cheaply and hit a monster. I like to punish these players from LP when there's not too many of them.

If I have a hand like T8s or J9s or other marginal hand (and sometimes with completele trash) on the button and I have 1 or 2 limpers to me, I very frequently will just put in a pot sized raise to try and get them to fold. I only do this with 1-2 players limping who I know are coming in with trash regularly and will fold to pressure. If called, I am willing to bet out on the flop if checked to for 1/2 the pot to pot sized on virtually any flop. If called on the flop, I'll usually give it up. I also like this play when I actually do flop something strong as it gives me a more maniacal image and allows me to get paid when I do have a big pocket pair. Mostly done from the button, sometimes from the CO, but not earlier as this depends on me acting last. Anyone like this play, too aggressive, too risky, other variations?

(I accidently posted this on Tourney board when it was meant for this one).

crockpot
12-11-2003, 06:26 PM
i like this play and i'll use it myself. it really helps to know your opponents, though. some are willing to call a half pot bet with a hand like AJ on a ragged board.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Given that position is such a strong thing in no limit, i have to say... I like it.

al

Jon Matthews
12-12-2003, 04:52 PM
I like the play, I do it most of the time as long as the players in the blinds or the limpers aren't too tricky. I think it can be quite profitable once you don't get sussed to quickly.

Jon