PDA

View Full Version : NL Raising Question

Festus22
12-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Forgive the "basic-ness" of this question but please confirm the following:

When raising in NL, the raise must be equal to the size of the BB minimum (unless an all-in is less than this amount) OR at least the size of the largest previous raise during that round of betting.

Ex.- After the flop, if Player A bets 1 BB, Player B raises 3 BB's, then Player C can call 4 BB's or raise at least 3 more BB's. He cannot raise less than 3 BB's.

Ex. 2 - After the flop, if Player A bets 1 BB, Player B raises 3 BB's, Player C reraises all-in for 2 more BB's, what is Player D's minimum raise? I assume 3 since that was the biggest raise previously. Is that correct?

crockpot
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
you are correct in part 1. for part 2, i've seen two variations, one where D can make it 7 to go (add the previous non-all in bet), and one where he must make it 8 or more. the second one is a better rule.

sweetzer
12-11-2003, 02:01 PM
I think your reasoning is correct but the math got a little confused. Player A makes it 1 bet. B makes a raise of three bets to 4. C raises 2 all-in to 6. Therefore for D to raise, I belive he would have to raise the 6 by 3 bets to 9.