PDA

View Full Version : 10K in 100 hours - hour 148

nykenny
12-11-2003, 12:42 PM
howdy! after a week-long struggle, i found myself at the 148th hour since i started this project in the beginning of November. though i failed the 100 hour mark, but i thought i'd try to finish it... /images/graemlins/smile.gif like running a marathon, it's finishing that counts, right?

so after a quick session at the Action Club, i updated my records and realized that i did it! $10,095 in 148 hours. i didn't perform as well as i had wished, but it was surely a good experience. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

here is one hand that i played yesterday. After winning a big pot with ATo, i was dealt Ts9s in UTG+1.

pre-flop: UTG raised. he is quite a tight player especially with his raises. I murmured something like "let me play my rush!" and called with my T9s. one caller in MP and the LP (good player) re-raised! A loose aggressive goose in BB capped (same guy raised UTG with A5 and lost a big pot to me with ATo). UTG called. i called. MP called. LP called. 5 of us saw flop for 4 bets each.

flop: 884 one spades. everyone checked to LP who bet. UTG called. i called.

turn: 2s. all checked to LP who bet. UTG folded (pocket KK). i hem-and-hawed (hollywood) and called with my now almighty flush draw.

river 7s! I bet (was thinking of check-raising, but he was my friend). LP called. i tabled my flush and took the pot. LP was disgusted, mucked his hand, and then took them back from the muck and showed me AA.

comments? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

soon after than I had KQo and raised from LP. the same guy with AA bet out on flop of Txx. i called. turn was J all rainbow. he bet i raised to represent AJ or KJ. he called. river was a K. he checked i bet and he called with what i believed to be a ATo or T9. again he felt disgusted. but i gave him a lesson that he should have mucked on turn. he was not happy with me, but again we are pretty friendly with each other.

that's the last hand i played. then i cashed out.

Kenny

Inthacup
12-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Playing 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif that way will give you motivation for your next project: Losing 10k in 100 hours. Except this time, I suspect you'll reach your goal well in time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 2: Board is 10 J K x x and your KQ beat his AA? He should feel disgusted about that.

Cup

Nottom
12-11-2003, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Board is 10 J K x x and your KQ beat his AA? He should feel disgusted about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same AA guy, different hand. He said he put the guy on AT or something.

nykenny
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
i wrote
[ QUOTE ]
the same guy with AA bet out on flop of Txx.

[/ QUOTE ]
u wrote
[ QUOTE ]
Board is 10 J K x x and your KQ beat his AA? He should feel disgusted about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i meant the same guy that had AA and lost to my T9s. he didn't have AA this time. he told me he had a T, but didn't say kicker.

Kenny

Inthacup
12-11-2003, 01:15 PM
ahhh, thanks for clearing that up.

Cup

DrSavage
12-11-2003, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but i gave him a lesson that he should have mucked on turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I can not see how that is a lesson for him since you had nothing but a draw and he probably had a pair. It looks more like a lesson to not muck on turn to me.

rhwbullhead
12-11-2003, 01:51 PM
If your play like this often, you'll be busted up pretty soon.

nykenny
12-11-2003, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i gave him a lesson that he should have mucked on turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I can not see how that is a lesson for him since you had nothing but a draw and he probably had a pair. It looks more like a lesson to not muck on turn to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
"giving lesson" is a local lingo. it means i gave a speech. we are friends and i was only joking with him.

Kenny

nykenny
12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
i disagree /images/graemlins/grin.gif i am not bustable in this joint.. i win a very high percentage of times.

oh throughout my posts on 2+2, did i ever say i am a good player? NEVER. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. i just happen to win a lot hehehehee

Kenny

ps. ok ok, i did play bad. i know. thanks for the advises. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
12-11-2003, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
comments? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any two will do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

slavic
12-11-2003, 05:03 PM
classic a gem /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So tell me how do you become so in tune with the Deck, I really need to know /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Vehn
12-11-2003, 06:53 PM
There are no bad cards only bad flops.

lol gl /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

rhwbullhead
12-11-2003, 07:18 PM
For your sake, I hope you really are unbustable. I'm glad you acknowledge that you made a bad play. If you keep making bad plays, you'll lose, especially if you move to higher limits.

gibs
12-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Just curious, what limits have you been playing during your little run?

Diplomat
12-12-2003, 01:09 AM
For the love of god Kenny.

-Diplomat

Ulysses
12-12-2003, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For the love of god Kenny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best response so far.

GuyOnTilt
12-12-2003, 03:52 AM
It's hard for me to imagine you having an hourly rate of close to $70/hr with the hands you post.

GoT

CrackerZack
12-12-2003, 10:44 AM
I live in NY. I should hire a PI just to find this game he plays in.

I agree with Ulysses, Diplomat's response takes the cake.

Runner Runner
12-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Kenny, when you figure out how much you made you have to take the net amount of wins minus losses. You cannot just count the amount from the pots that you win when you pull another one of your masssive suckouts. Please factor in amounts lost and return to this forum with a reasonable negative total. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nykenny
12-12-2003, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's hard for me to imagine you having an hourly rate of close to $70/hr with the hands you post.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't disagree. if the hands i post are the only hands i post and only way i post, i should have beeen busted clean a long time ago. but i don't.

i just don't want to post "AA UTG how did i do?" or "44 in BB flopping set - did i play it right?" type of hands if u know what i mean. or "AKs flopping Kxx"... there are times where you miss; or where your hand is not the best going in to the flop. playing those hands most profitably or least damagingly is what really interests me.

sorry about the bad hands / plays i post here. i am not trying to show off good skills by posting anyways /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kenny

nykenny
12-12-2003, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny, when you figure out how much you made you have to take the net amount of wins minus losses. You cannot just count the amount from the pots that you win when you pull another one of your masssive suckouts. Please factor in amounts lost and return to this forum with a reasonable negative total.

[/ QUOTE ]
i won 33 sessions out of last 38 sessions. it's very hard to show a negative total when i have been long playing on other people's money /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

my rush record is 23 sessoins straight win. my other rushes are 15 session wins and 11 session wins, this year.

maybe i am real bad and lucky. may that continue too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HEY, don't anyone play for fun of poker anymore? do you ALL have to be this serious and critical?

Thanks for all the positive and negative feedbacks. i know they are mostly very sincere.

CrackerZack
12-12-2003, 12:02 PM
I think this is obvious and find it entertaining and amusing you take the abuse so well.

My real question is, do you play a lot of hands like this, or is this generally a once a session type hand? I know every session I play I have a few hands that I think "WTF am I doing?" and am usually so sure I played it retardedly I don't post it. It seems like you enjoy posting those, which is good, because I enjoy reading the responses.

nykenny
12-12-2003, 12:04 PM
i play dominantly 10-20 hold'em in B&M (that's what's available locally). i play typically 3-6 ring, 5-10 short, 10-20 short, 15-30 ring online. lower the limit, more table's i play. once in a while, i will play 20-40 stud and 30-60 stud in B&M.

during this particular recording, i played mostly 10-20 hold'em.

CrackerZack
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HEY, don't anyone play for fun of poker anymore? do you ALL have to be this serious and critical?

[/ QUOTE ]

A good question and point. I play for fun a lot in a home 2-4 game. If I were playing 10-20 I wouldn't do fun, but unprofitable stuff on purpose. But maybe the money means less to you than me, which in that case, is fine.

It is only a game for most of us, and its supposed to be fun, and if it ever becomes not fun, I think I'll stop playing instead of being that miserable guy at the LL tables cursing at everyone sucking out on them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nykenny
12-12-2003, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you play a lot of hands like this, or is this generally a once a session type hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
i try to play as ABC as i can without anyone noticing. and i don't play a lot of trouble hands in a troublesome way. But my image in the local club is closely in line with my image projected by this thread - clueless, loose, maybe aggressive, bad, yet lucky - and that's what i like it to remain. getting paid off by A high everytime i bet the river is a blessing.
[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy reading the responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too.

nykenny
12-12-2003, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it ever becomes not fun, I think I'll stop playing instead of being that miserable guy at the LL tables cursing at everyone sucking out on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
well put!

GuyOnTilt
12-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Good response. I understand now. Thanks.

GoT

AJo Go All In
12-12-2003, 11:32 PM
i don't think it's a secret, i know what game he plays in, i'll tell you if you PM me or he probably will too

Brian
12-13-2003, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just don't want to post "AA UTG how did i do?" or "44 in BB flopping set - did i play it right?" type of hands if u know what i mean. or "AKs flopping Kxx"... there are times where you miss; or where your hand is not the best going in to the flop. playing those hands most profitably or least damagingly is what really interests me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kenny,

In the long run, all the bad players are also dealt 44 in the BB and Flop a Set, or dealt AA or AKs and the Flop comes K high, and for the most part, they actually DON'T misplay those hands. It is hands like the ones you post that they misplay, and that is why they are not overall winners.

-Brian

Losing all
12-13-2003, 05:48 PM
I can dig your image thing, I'll make off the wall plays from time to time myself just to chip off a little granite. But c'mon with this 9t's play. Do you really want them to think you're that bad? Even if you do, I can't see THIS play being worth the image you gain.

williwong
12-13-2003, 10:07 PM
I play in the same game as Kenny and believe him to be honest on his own accord.Periods of very emotional loses coupled with tilting tendencies, I'm often amased and perplexed about these standard deviations from ABC hold'em and how he digs out of them.However I can not dispute the fact that his leaning tower still stands among this somewhat italian area of NY.His win %'s will always be high considering his desire to cease once his chipped gears shift to positive.Not exactly a people's party person and comfortable with the computer he's destined to be mostly an online party poker player.These people come to play their cards could care less about his loose image,they'd rather bitch about their bad luck.I also must state that his record is better than mine so who am I to criticise.He does seem to suck out though,Willi.