PDA

View Full Version : First time Vegas trip in a few days - Few Questions

PokerPrince
12-11-2003, 09:07 AM
1. How many players seated at Holdem games in Vegas? Heard it was ten then told by another source it was nine.

2. Is it max 4 raises in every cardroom or JUST Belagio?

3. Is it usually nice and warm/sunny this time of year? Can I sit by a pool or will it be too chilly?

4. Where is the best place to buy gambling gear? Books/tapes/kems etc?

5. Anyone gonna be at Belagio playing on Sun-Wed?

I know I could find all this stuff out when I get there but I'de like to be more prepared beforehand. Thanks to anyone who can help out.

PokerPrince

CrackerZack
12-11-2003, 10:16 AM
1) ten seats

2) Monte carlo was a bet and 4 raises. Bellagio is a bet and 3 raises, IIRC.

3) It should be nice but not real warm. When I was there in both Dec and Jan previously it was warm enough to walk around without a jacket until the sun went down. The pool depends on the day I guess. I didn't go out by it though as I thought it was too cold, but my friends did for a while.

4) Not me.

5) Majorkong probably will. You can ask him to lick your bunghole. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

barrett
12-11-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm actually gonna be there Sun-Wed also. I expect to spend most of my time at the Bellagio.

A guy in my home game reports that the 15/30 game is great right now from his trip a week ago. That's higher than I normally play but might take a shot if it looks good.

I'll probably be wearing a Texas A&M hat most of the time. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SheridanCat
12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I just got back and had an okay trip. Here's the answers as far as I know them.

1) 10, though there are often people walking. I played with anywhere from 10 to 4 people.

2) 4 raises is my experience at Bellagio & Mirage. Others may vary, but I bet they are also 4 raises. I'm used to a 3 raise cap, so I have to remember not to say cap it at 3 when I'm there.

3) It was 50-60 during the day and upper 30s at night. I saw a couple kids swimming. I would not swim. Take a jacket.

4) Gambler's General Store. It's easy to get to by car. You can find it in the phone book or even online. You can get about anything you want there.

5) I was there earlier this week and the action at Bellagio was good, but the waits were sort of long. I found the Mirage 10/20 to be okay. The Bellagio 15/30 started out as a very tight, tough game and turned into a rammer jammer around 1 am. I was hugely stuck and then came back as things loosened up.

Good luck,

T

Zele
12-11-2003, 05:24 PM
4. Also check out the Gamblers' Book Club for books. It's a much smaller place than the General Store, but the selection is more eclectic (albeit smaller), the staff is very knowledgable, and they have a real sense of history. If you're lucky, you can get an oral history of the photos on the walls.

Jeffage
12-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Bellagio and Mirage are also a bet and four raises (5 bet cap).

Jeff

PokerBabe(aka)
12-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Prince. Be sure to look for the Babe Monday at Mirage 20-40. You will know me when you see me, as I am the one with short brown hair and (hopefully) lots of chips. Travel Safe and LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SlipFits
12-11-2003, 10:56 PM
A fellow cdn. will be there sund-thurs, hope to get some playing in,

SevenStuda
12-12-2003, 01:04 AM
I'll be at the Bellagio on Saturday.

nyholdem
12-12-2003, 03:21 AM
Im supposed to be there Tuesday but if all of you 2+2ers are going maybe Ill head to Laughlin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Six_of_One
12-12-2003, 01:26 PM
I will also be at the Bellagio playing from Saturday through Wednesday. I'll probably be spending most of my time in the 8-16 game.