PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 hand.

Bob T.
12-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Ill post the hands in the next post. I found this hand interesting, and wonder how you thought the two players involved played.

Online 5-10, there are a couple of terrible players in the game, but none of them decided to get involved here.

MP open raises, folded to the BB who calls. I think both are at least reasonable players.

Flop T /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, MP bets, BB checkraises, and MP calls.

Turn 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, MP calls.

River 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, MP raises, BB calls.

Bob T.
12-11-2003, 06:12 AM
BB had QT of hearts, and MP had AT of clubs. MP's had was good.

Board T7752

I was wondering about the river action, the BB's play most likely shows top pair, and when he gets raised on the river, is is at all likely that his hand, Top pair - third kicker is good. Should he call the raise. At the same time, MP's river bet seems pretty thin, he can beat top pair/worse kicker, but will he get called if he raises, and he could be up against a set/now full house, and get three bet.

So how do you think they played, and what should they have done differently?

slavic
12-11-2003, 06:18 AM
This looks like good blind defense, but I think the BB needs something better than TPTK to call the final raise with.

The bet on the flop will be automatic by MP and a checkraise is the normal mode of I'm going to continue on from the BB.

It looks like MP had a real hand and decided to extract the max.

slavic
12-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Wow that was a thin river bet. I normally put BB on 2nd pair, possibly a weak top pair, more of ten than not though they are pushing 2nd or bottom pair. I'm not sure I raise the tiver. Godd raise by MP, of course if he's 3 bet I think it's an easy lay down.

tj00
12-11-2003, 06:29 AM
If I were the BB I would have played it the same way. Except maybe on a good day I can fold to the river raise. If I were the MP I would have raised the turn. The BB may payoff now, but not on the river. If I just called the turn, I would just call the river when the 7 hit. I may not get paid off when I am ahead and get 3 bet when behind.

bunky9590
12-11-2003, 09:30 AM
If I'm MP I'm smooth calling the raise on the flop, raising the turn, calling the river.

If I'm I'm the BB, pretty much the same way he played it but would most likely check call the river.

Bob T.
12-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Ok, the consensus seems to be that both of these players might have been a half step overaggressive on this hand.

I thought that it was an interesting hand, because it the table it was played at had two full blown maniacs, and one just loose aggressive, and this one was like the eye of the storm, in the midst of 14BB pots.