PDA

View Full Version : Good all-in on the bubble?

chesspain
12-11-2003, 02:20 AM
Paradise $10+1...this was my first SNG in months so I felt somewhat rusty...

Four remain...blinds are 150/300...fairly tight button is the short stack with T1175, I'm next with T1595, SB has T3060 and had been fairly invisible until doubling up and knocking out the fifth stack, and BB with T4170 has been super loose and moderately aggressive.

I'm UTG and dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I openraise all-in: savvy or foolish?...results below
button folded, SB folded, BB called with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and busted me out when the board brought me a 7 but nothing else /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ReddTrain
12-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Against ordinary opponents, the all-in with A7 with your stack is debatable. I would probably do it if I hadn't raised in a while. However...

You said yourself that the BB is super-loose, right? You've gotta figure that you're gonna be called by anything except a complete trash hand, because a call won't cripple him...AND he's super-loose. If he knew what you had, he'd be wrong to call you with a lot of hands...but not very wrong except in situations where he has a 7 as well. Even 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif isn't a horrible call if he knows what you have.

I think in this scenario you have to wait to find a hand on the button to steal the blinds...unless loosey-goosey beats you in the pot.

Big John

Jason Strasser
12-11-2003, 03:15 AM
In my opinion, this isnt too bad of a play. You either fold or all in. I may lean towards folding, as big stacks in the blind savor the opportunity to knock out an opponent with not too much of an investment (relative to their stack sizes).

As I'm sure you were aware of, you would be blinded all in slightly after the other short stack ( I have not taken into account when blind level increases). Since he is a rock, it may be in your benefit to make him make a hard decision. Maybe wait 2 hands and try a steal?

Of course--it all matters whether you are trying for 1st or 3rd =).