PDA

View Full Version : How do you punish a tight table?

blubster
12-10-2003, 08:25 PM
I've found myself in some relatively tight games lately. My question is there has to be a way to punish a table that's tight correct?

It often got to me in late middle position with no one entering the pot, the thing is I'm not sure what hands are ok to limp in with here. Say 1 off the button

Is it ok to limp with hands like T9s, K9s, Q9s, J9s, 98s, in this situation, when everyone has folded to me in late middle position?

What other hands are playable in this situation? what about K9o, Q9o, T9o, J9o? Might these be playable too?

Just wanted to get some feed back and what you guys would play in a game like this.

Appreciate any help
thanks

blubster

JohnShaft
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
A tight table?

I wouldn't even dream of limping in LMP in a Tight game. I don't really limp there in any game. But if it's tight, and you can win the blinds a good percentage, just raise, or fold.

And I'll trot out the line "If the table's that tight, find another table".

SpaceAce
12-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Why would you limp in at a tight table, especially in decent position? The very thing you are looking to take advantage of is their willingness to fold. So, encourage them to fold. Raise on your way in and bet the flop if you have first action. If you get a piece of the flop, raise if possible.

Of course, this depends on your definition of tight. I assume you mean actually, legitimately tight and not "only 80% of the players see the flop."

SpaceAce

fluff
12-11-2003, 02:00 PM
I will echo other people's statement that it is virtually never correct to limp in LP. It is a raise/fold situation. If you only limp here, the BB is obviously going to at least check and the SB might complete and then you see a flop where you really just wanted to steal the blinds.

What should you rise with? Any hand that you would've called or raised with if you had limpers infront of you. If you notice the blinds defending too much, then you must tighten up your selection a bit.

Piers
12-11-2003, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the table's that tight, find another table

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the weak tight games online can be ridiculously profitable. Play very slightly more hands and just bet/raise until you are convinced you are beat and they are not going to give up.

It seems to me these games are manned by people who have a table of starting hands on their lap, so get the preflop play fairly OK, but then screw up once the flop hits.

bigpooch
12-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Remove some of the aces and kings from the deck and then
leave the table!

Jezebel
12-12-2003, 11:47 AM
At a tight table, loosen up on your bluffs and tighten up on your value betting.

At a loose table, tighten up on your bluffs and loosen up on your value betting.

andyfox
12-12-2003, 01:11 PM
If the players are tight, I wouldn't limp first in with anything. I'd raise with all those hands and expect them all to fold behind me more often than at a less tight table.

chesspain
12-12-2003, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is it ok to limp with hands like T9s, K9s, Q9s, J9s, 98s, in this situation, when everyone has folded to me in late middle position?

What other hands are playable in this situation? what about K9o, Q9o, T9o, J9o? Might these be playable too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, what's the fascination with 9x?