PDA

View Full Version : All-in with JJ?

Six_of_One
12-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Playing at the Bike last night, $50+10 No Limit, with one $50 rebuy. The original buy-in gets you 800 in chips, the rebuy gets 1000.

Blinds are 100-200, about 10 minutes away from going to 100-200 with a 25 ante. I'm in late position with 1175 in chips, and I get JJ. Early position player (with about 900 in his stack) raises to 400, then the player on my right (with around 3000 in his stack) makes it 800. The EP player just sat down, but the player on my right has been very aggressive in the time I've been at the table.

What's my play?

I ended up going all-in. EP called for the rest of his chips (he had AQs), the player on my right also called (he had AKo). A king came on the flop, and I was out.

JDO
12-10-2003, 05:40 PM
With a raise from EP and a re-raise later, I would be worried. You can't just call a bet that big and your all-in isn't going to win you the pot (LP reraiser will call and EP might as well. The way I see it you are up against at least one guy with over-cards, maybe two and worst case QQ-AA. At best you are a slight favorite to win. Unless you think it's worth it to triple-up and rebuy if you loose, I would dump this hand.

DOTTT
12-10-2003, 05:51 PM
I agree with Jdo. With a riase and a reraise infront of you I would fold thinking atleast one of them has me beat qq-aa. I think I would push in if I knew that one of the raisers is a very loose player, but only if I was sure it would force the other raiser to fold. The thing I cant believe is that AQ actually called.