PDA

View Full Version : Mildly interesting 15-30 hand

Inthacup
12-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Game is pretty loose aggressive-ish.

UTG limps, I raise UTG+2 with K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. LP cold calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, LP raises, BB and UTG fold, I call.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets, I call.

River; 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I raise.

I think the flop is debatable, as is the turn(which would certainly affect the river). I'll post my thoughts in a later thread. Thanks in advance.

Cup

Inthacup
12-11-2003, 12:38 PM
oh well, guess there's not much interest in this hand. He just called my raise on the river. I showed Jacks full of Kings and he showed Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for jacks full of Tens.

My thinking on the flop was: If this is the kind of player that will cold call a raise, I doubt he's the kind of player that will raise the flop with trips. So, I decided to wait until a later street to pop him back vs. jamming the flop.

When the turn came, I feel confident I was ahead. If I bet out, he'd fold anything but a J, 10 or pocket pair. I figured I would just let him do the betting for me. If I check-raised the turn, it would have given him an opportunity to fold, and I doubt he'll check behind on the river with my passive turn play(showing weakness), so at the time, the river check-raise seemed best.

Looking back on it, waiting till the river seems kinda risky. Was hoping to see some replies though.

Cup

Kenshin
12-11-2003, 12:46 PM
I understand the logic behind your turn call; however, I still dislike it. I would rather raise and win a fairly large pot on turn than allow the villain to catch his 1 out 16 ace on the river. Perhaps I am not extracting the maximum from my opponent, yet, I still consider raising the turn the best play.

onegymrat
12-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Your play was fine. Nice hand.

elysium
12-12-2003, 04:39 AM
hi intha
this is the worlds most boring post i have ever read. there is nothing wrong with how you played it; in fact i wish that i could replay this hand somehow during a sleepless night. by the time you raise i'll be sound asleep.

the jack on the turn kills me.