PDA

View Full Version : am i nuts

mmanne
12-10-2003, 03:54 PM
I posted this yesterday in the General Hold em Forum, but I'm still a little confused.

was playing in my home game yesterday and we decided to run a cheap NL tournament. Everything was going fine until we got down to 2 players. My understanding was that the blinds essentially stay the same with two players, Dealer has the BB and the other person has the small blind. A guy who plays argued forever that it switches up when you come down to heads up. The dealer becomes the SB and the other gets BB. He says he plays at lots of sites heads up, and that's how it's done, as well as during tournaments.

Did I just miss this fact when I was playing beforehand? And if I did miss it, could someone explain the rational behind switching the order when playing heads up?

Thanks,
matt

all_aces
12-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Hello mmanne,

In every tournament I've seen or have played in, the dealer is the BB. The logic being I guess that the dealer cannot deal to himself first, therefore the other player is dealt to first, and since the small blind comes before the big blind and the person who is being dealt to comes before the dealer himself, the dealer is the big blind.

Hope that helps,
all_aces