PDA

View Full Version : Reason #417 why I don't like L.A. (BCS USC)

Josh W
12-10-2003, 05:57 AM
For those who missed it, #416 was the shopping carts...I pull into the local store after work this evening, and there's plenty of good parking spots if you are willing to share with 2 grocery carts.

In good ol' WA, people return carts to the cart return or the store in pouring down rain. People may call it stupid, I call it courteous. In LA, that's a dirty word.

But, onto #417. Look, I'm not gonna venture into if the BCS is screwed up or not. I'm not gonna get into if Oklahoma lost the 'right' to play for the national championship.

But here's the thing, and there is no getting around this...the 'screwed up' BCS is the only thing that is giving USC a shot at a national title. If Oklahoma had won, the BCS wouldn't appear as 'screwed up', and USC would be s.o.l. But now, in a weird turn of events, USC actually has the most to gain.

Of course, sitting around the water cooler, I realize just how painfully uneducated the standard LA "sports fan" is, and how they think that this is a huge injustice to USC.

I'm not asking the "sports fan"s in LA to be smart. Heck, I'm not even asking them to think. All I ask is...if you insist on being moronic, don't try to pretend otherwise. If you just got a huge gift, don't whine.

Stay tuned for #418.

Josh

nicky g
12-10-2003, 07:49 AM
In Brussels, where I grew up, you have to insert a coin into a slot in the cart to unchain it from the others; you get the coin back when you return the cart. Hence no stray carts. Belgians aren't very courteous either. But they have great beer and food so that's more than ok.

Six_of_One
12-10-2003, 12:35 PM
If there was no BCS, USC would have to beat Michigan to win the national championship in both polls. Because of the BCS, they only have a chance to win one of the polls. How is that not an injustice?

andyfox
12-10-2003, 01:15 PM
I just knock those carts right over. A big car helps, especially SUVs. It's practically the only thing they're good for. Sometimes you can parlay this play into damaging another car that has taken two parking spots. It's particularly exciting if this is done in an indoor lot where the noise attracts a great deal of attention. Usually the shopping cart, after careening off of the other car, flips over onto its side, the two wheels in the air spinning wildly at a rapid rate. It's better than flopping quads.

HDPM
12-10-2003, 01:58 PM
LOL. I didn't figure you for an SUV. But now I can see it. Andy in an escalade with ridiculous brush and bumper guards plowing over all in his way. Give Iris a lift one day. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

andyfox
12-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Actually, I don't have an SUV, I hate 'em. But my wife does. She can do (and has done) some major damage.

It would take more than an SUV, anyway, to give Iris a lift.