PDA

View Full Version : I Used to Love Watching the Vikings Play

adios
12-10-2003, 02:49 AM
When they played outdoors many moons ago in old Metropolitan Stadium. Bud Grant, Alan Page, Jim Marshall, Fran Tarkenton, Tommy Kramer, Ahmad Rashad, Paul Krause, Chuck Foreman, snow and cold in the Twin cities area in December were all great fun to watch. Now playing outdoors in the cold in an anathema to the Vikings as they play in Chicago this weekend.

andyfox
12-11-2003, 05:34 PM
My son and I saw Ahmad Rashad in a department store this weekend. Very handsome, in great shape, still quite young looking.

The last time I saw him was thirty years ago (at least) when, as Bobby Moore at Oregon, he ran the longest anyone has every run without scoring a touchdown, from his own 1/2 yard line to the UCLA 1/2 yard line in part of a last 3-minute comeback from 40-21 down to beat the Bruins 41-40. Quarterback was Dan Fouts. Worst fall-apart I've ever seen.

Zeno
12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Andy, I have to tell you this- I graduated from the University of Oregon. Dan Fouts use to tend bar at the Pad, a local pub in south Eugene. That game was classic, especially since in those days Oregon rarely beat California teams at home or on the road in football. I'm still gloating over it after all these years.

And it was NOT a fall apart - Oregon was the better team! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

banditbdl
12-12-2003, 12:06 AM
It doesn't matter if Oregon was the better team. If you're up 20 points in a football game with less than 5 min. to play and you lose, that is an epic choke job.