PDA

View Full Version : cost/benefit analysis

jt1
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Party 3-6. Loose passive. I'm in the BB w/ K2o. There are 4 limpers. LB, MP3 and button. LB I have no read. MP3 & button are calling stations.

The flop is K55 rainbow. LB checks, I bet and everyone calls. Turn is Queen. I check, MP3 checks. Button bets. LB folds. I fold.

I forgot that the queen neutralizes my kicker. However, I would like some opinions: The pot was only 5 big bets, the button was either betting on trip 5's, a king or a queen. Only 1 of those possibilites do I make any real money. Considering that what do you guys think?

Also lets just say that the turn was junk. Would you have bet out then? check and call. or check and fold?

Lost Wages
12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
I think you have to call it down. It will only cost you 2BB if there are no suprises. The pot is 6BB after the button bets so it will likely wind up around 10BB. If someone checkraises the turn or springs to life on the river then you can toss it.

Lost Wages

kiddo
12-10-2003, 10:36 AM
I think you have 2 alternatives:

1:
You check flop to see what happens. a) If there is a lot of action fold. b) If late player bets, raise... If actions is somewhere in between (a) and (b), you have a tricky decision.

2: Bet flop. If you are raised by 1 player call, and check turn. (If someone is coldcalling look out, in a loose-passive game it often is a slowplay). If noone raises, bet turn. If you are raised, normally fold. Problem with checking turn after betting flop is that players with K - or even pocketpair like TT - will bet behind you BUT also slowplayed trips will bet behind you.

I would normally bet out flop and turn.