PDA

View Full Version : anyone around who wants to play on the 2+2 table?????

morgant
12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
i am there...............

Brian
12-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi,

I don't see it up anymore.

-Brian

Brian
12-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Morgant busted my 25 dollar buy-in at the .5/1 tables. His T8 took down my JJ, his J8 took down my QQ, his KT took down my KK, and his QQ took down my AA. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

morgant
12-10-2003, 12:52 AM
yeah i rivered you on several occassions, like i said my heads up skills are less than up to par and a part of my game that needs some work. tonight is one of the only times i played soley heads. after you i played james2882 and he has most of your $. I did notice that his aggressive style was much harder to overcome. You played much more passive than him and i was able to get a feeling of where you were at a larger portion of the time in comparison to him. I appreciate any feedback from yourself or james........IT IS NEEDED.......
take it easy

Brian
12-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Hi morgant,

About the only people you can make money from heads-up are the aggressive players. The tight ones are usually difficult to take money from.

As far as out match was concerned, I think you certainly did a lot of bluffing and re-raising. I was more than happy to let you do this, because as soon as I got something like Ace-high I was going to take it to the showdown. But that didn't happen very often, and the few hands I did decide to take to a showdown lost /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyways, heads-up is more about playing the player than playing the cards. If they are being overly aggressive and bluffing a lot, react to it and devise a plan to beat them. If they are playing very tight and letting you steal a lot of pots unless they have a pair, do something about that as well.

-Brian