PDA

View Full Version : Hand from the 2+2 table

WillMagic
12-09-2003, 08:33 PM
I wasn't involved in this one, but I disagreed with some of the decisions made in it.

UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 fold, MP1 raises, all fold to BB who calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, MP1 checks.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, MP1 checks.

MP1 has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB has 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

My thoughts? MP1 wayy underplayed this hand. He's got to bet the flop, and if he gets raised he's got to throw in a third bet. With the board pairing, ace-high is probably good.

MP1, your defense?

Will

Joe Tall
12-10-2003, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 wayy underplayed this hand. He's got to bet the flop, and if he gets raised he's got to throw in a third bet. With the board pairing, ace-high is probably good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He surely should bet the turn once the 2rd Jack hits.

Who was MP1?

Peace,
JT

ElSapo
12-10-2003, 08:43 AM
My thoughts? MP1 wayy underplayed this hand. He's got to bet the flop, and if he gets raised he's got to throw in a third bet. With the board pairing, ace-high is probably good.

What makes you say this? In any normal game, when I get raised here, it usually means ace high is -not- good.

I agree to bet the flop here, he'll probably win it on the flop. But saying to three-bet if he gets raised doesn't seem to have much purpose. What does he want, a cheaper turn?

Mike Gallo
12-10-2003, 09:12 AM
My thoughts? MP1 wayy underplayed this hand. He's got to bet the flop, and if he gets raised he's got to throw in a third bet. With the board pairing, ace-high is probably good. MP1, your defense?

I misread my opponents hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will share my thought process at the time. I had not played many hands up until this point(7%). I wanted to steal the blinds. When BB called I put him on a pocket pair or overcards not suited connectors. He knows I probably did not raise light and I most likely have a hand raising from ep.

He checked to me on the flop. I had a hand good enough that I would call a bet with, but not so good that I would want to call a check raise with so I checked. I did not want to have to face a check raise bluff/semi bluff. He would have checkraised had I bet.

When the third Jack hits, I am drawing against any pocket pair. He checked, and again I checked behind. I think BB can check twice and spring a check raise here. If he did bet, I most likely would have folded. I did not think Ace high here would win.

On the river, I did not think a worse hand would call, so I checked behind.

I think I made a dubious preflop raise that I would have given up on if BB showed any strength.

ElSapo
12-10-2003, 09:26 AM
He knows I probably did not raise light and I most likely have a hand raising from ep.

There were three folds to you, and in this game that puts the distance between you and EP about the distance from D.C. to Chicago.

I think your raise is fine given game situations.

He checked to me on the flop. I had a hand good enough that I would call a bet with, but not so good that I would want to call a check raise with so I checked.

Bet it. Betitbetitbetit.

The problem is, most times, if you check he's going to bet into you on the turn with anything and everything and nothing. And if you miss, and he bets, then you can't call. And you fold the best hand.

So you bet, and then if you miss, you can check if you want. Of course that opens up an entirely new river situation. But of course, in this case it doesn't matter because he wont call the flop bet.

southerndog
12-10-2003, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He checked to me on the flop. I had a hand good enough that I would call a bet with, but not so good that I would want to call a check raise with so I checked. I did not want to have to face a check raise bluff/semi bluff. He would have checkraised had I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the BB here.

MG, I'm not sure if I would have check-raised you here. I think I would have surrendered to a bet.

I think MG just wanted to take it easy on me!

Any criticism on how I misplayed the hand would be welcome.

All in all, I had a great time for the few orbits I did play.

Thanks,

Dog