PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands

vkotlyar
12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Hand #1
loose mp limps, folded to me on the button w 66, and i fold (the blinds were loose). comments? would this change if the blinds were tight?

Hand #2 Folded around to aggressivem LMP, and i fold 66 on the button (the blinds were loose). Would this change if you had 88, 99? what is the minimum pp that you would need in order to 3 bet....i am not sure where to draw the line.
thanks every1
vitaly

elysium
12-10-2003, 04:26 AM
hi vk
the folds aren't bad, they're good. it's a negative ev for all but the best players, and even they will tell you that the rewards are hardly worth the effort.

when would you play something like this? i don't know. of course it's the loose blinds here that make playing 66 a fairly risky venture, but some players do play a few extra hands like this with minimum or zero ev just to keep active. i just don't know if it's worth the effort. i'd rather take a couple minutes off.

SevenStuda
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Should have taken your 66 in hand #1 to the flop, auto laydown in hand #2.

Diplomat
12-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi vkotlyar,

Hand 1: I would probably call if the other players are fairly aggressive, and/or are prone to calling you down if you hit your hand. That way you can make up the insufficient pot odds you have pre-flop to hit a set.

If the blinds were tight I would be tempted to raise and get the pot heads' up. Also, if the blinds did call, you would have a better idea what kind of hands they might have, than if they were loose.

Hand 2: I'll assume the aggressive player raised. I'll usually fold here or sometimes three-bet. Calling is out of the question. As for a cut-off line, I will almost always three-bet with 88 and up, AQ, AK, against this sort of player (assuming he is both loose and aggressive).

-Diplomat

-Diplomat