PDA

View Full Version : sticky situation - $25 NL party

anduril
12-09-2003, 05:25 PM
I'm in the BB with 93o......4 players....no preflop raise.

flop: 9 3 A rainbow

suggestions?

ps~ I ended up losing to aces up when his duece came on the turn.

crockpot
12-09-2003, 06:24 PM
whatever my play is, my goal is to get it all in on the flop. if i think the guy will call me with any ace, i'll just push in right there; otherwise i might go for an all-in check-raise.

WalleyeJason
12-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I would bet the pot after the flop and look for resistance.

If Im raised, I fold and wait for a better spot.

If called, I would also Bet out the Turn about 50% of the Pot.

If they move all in I would fold and wait for a better spot to get my money in.

Your hoping to get paid off by AX or Pocket Pair un-improved. There are a few hands out there that your getting killed by that people on Party will Limp with to see the flop. A9 A3 33 99 45s 45, All very possible.

I would play aggresive, but dump at any resistance. There will be plenty of opportunities to get your money in when your way ahead.

You also set a little table image for yourself, and might get someone to bluff at a pot when you have the Mortal Nuts! I love it when that happends.

bisonbison
12-09-2003, 06:51 PM
45s? 45o?

He wins 80% against either of those.

WalleyeJason
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He wins 80% against either of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right after the flop, he didnt state how the betting went and the villian called his bet after the flop and the turn was a 2. I'm just saying that if the same player called his bet with A2 he would be likly to make the same call with 45, and He will lose 91% of the time After the Turn.

bisonbison
12-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the fact that you were talking about the turn.

Still, as it is, it seems like a bad player with an Ax(however bad) is a lot more likely to stay in than a bad player with a gutshot straight draw.

If he makes a pot sized bet on the flop, a 54s or 54o would likely fold.

WalleyeJason
12-09-2003, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, as it is, it seems like a bad player with an Ax(however bad) is a lot more likely to stay in than a bad player with a gutshot straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I have seen a many o' fish make this call:)

Thats what keeps us in Business!!

WJ