PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 table: Max Power vs Homer J. Simpson

MaxPower
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
This is a hand from last Tuesday's game.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
MaxPower has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is BB
Homer is in MP1

Homer raises, Button folds, SB folds, MaxPower 3-bets, Homer calls

Flop(6 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

MaxPower bets, Homer calls

Turn(8 BB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif

MaxPower bets, Homer raises, MaxPower calls

River(12 BB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MaxPower checks, Homer bets, MaxPower calls

JohnShaft
12-09-2003, 04:52 PM
I think I'd have 3-bet the Turn Max. (Maybe given the flush hits that's a little overaggressive though).

1. I believe Homer could have gotten a little frisky with you. (Especially as a semi-bluff with the A /images/graemlins/club.gif to back his hand up)
2. He could have just checked the River down.

What could he have that beats you?
The Flush.
KQ (probably suited)

What could he have that you beat?
Everything else.

JTG51
12-09-2003, 04:55 PM
You should 3-bet the turn.

I'll skip all the you know that he knows that you know preflop stuff, and just say your hand is significantly stronger than Homer has to give you credit for, so he could be raising all kinds of hands worse than yours on the turn, including semibluffs.

Besides, are you trying to do things the right way, the wrong way, or the Max Power way?

lil'
12-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Especially at the 2+2 table, you can raise again.

Joe Tall
12-09-2003, 05:19 PM
3-bet the turn Max!

Glad to see you back!

Any intesting Ocean's 11 hands? Did you see the Asian waitress with the, ah, um, "HUGE tracks of LAND!"? How about the Swedish Girl w/the ocean-blue eyes and snow-blonde hair that works the gaveyard shift in the cage, OMFG she is porcelain!

Peace,
JT