PDA

View Full Version : Just called with my Str8

AeonBlues
12-09-2003, 04:36 PM
I was playing last night on Party Poker, $100 buy in.

I get limp for $2 with K /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,

Flop Is A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone checks, Qd now, the player UTG bets $2 MP calls $2, I raise to $10, UTG folds, and MP raises to $18.

Now take a closer look at stack size, and I have over $300, and my now heads up oponent is short with $32 left. There's no way I'm folding against that short stack, so I ponder.

Here's my thought. He either A: has a full house and I'm dead, or B: has AAA was slowing. Armed with this knowledge, I just call. The reson is, if a blank hits the river I can still get my opponet all in, but if the board makes 2 pair, and can get out and save some money.

Results, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif came off on the river, my opponet bet all in, I called and he showed with AAA K, and I swept the pot.

The moral of the story is, if you have a good idea where your oponet is at, and you know he won't fold, then you don't have to move all in with the best hand before the river, and save yourself money when he fills the house.

AeonBlues

WalleyeJason
12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Isn't great when people slowplay trips on the flop and check and let you draw a free card on the turn?

I see this alot on Party, Mostly play NL$50 though!!

WJ

1800GAMBLER
12-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Seeing as you spent a lot of time looking over your profit on some hands on this hand preflop you don't meantion how many limp before you or stack sizes. How's your pokerstat on T9o TJo TQo KTo?