View Full Version : Beware the cash-out curse!

LondonBroil
12-08-2003, 11:47 PM
I have absolute proof that Absolutepoker has a cash-out curse because last week I played 1 night and made 35BB at a 5/10 Hold Them table then cashed out $190000 to my checking account and then just now I sat down at a 2/4 table which should be easier since it's a lower limit and I'm down 10BBs! after just 20 minutes of bad beat after bad beat like had AT and the flop was A82 the turn was a 5 and the river was another 8 and the guy had an 8!

ajizzle
12-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Is this a Joke??? Down 10 BB's is not that big of a deal, and it happens to the best players. And you shouldn't be all too upset with that bad beat. First of all, pair of Aces with a ten kicker is not a very good hand, and the way the bad beats are coming for me lately, I almost expect to lose that type of hand when I make a pair.

Another thing, since you are playing at a lower limit, you get worse players who think their middle pair is good all the way. Thus, you get players calling you to the river with the second best hand, and catching a NOT SO miracle card.

Hope your luck picks up though.

Ajizzle

JTG51
12-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Is this a Joke???

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you have to ask, it most likely is.

Homer
12-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Is this a Joke???

I think so. I heard he only cashed out $180,000.

-- Homer

Lori
12-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Is this a Joke???

Checklist:

1. Seemingly ridiculous post content ... check
2. User has been around long enough to know better ... check
3. User has enough posts to know better ... check
4. User uses title on known kook theme ... check
5. User has track record of being humorous ... check
6. User has won 19,000 BB without prior cashout ... check
7. Two Carpal/Tunnels and an ex pooh-bah are waiting to have a joke at your expense if you ask if it is a joke incorrectly (Known as Murphy's law) ... check
8. Is the post in the zoo? ... check
9. Is the post by ThomasTem ... no
10. Is the post seemingly a joke ... check.

Lori

Webster
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Well - on a truthfull side - I had 7 winning days in a row and cashed out 150BB's leaving 40BBs in my account yesterday.

I GOT SPANKED by guys seeing the flop 80% of the time in 2/4 and lost 35BB's. It was my worst day in months. I was seeing the flop less then 20% and every time I had a hand it was beat.

Their IS a curse /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adde
12-09-2003, 09:39 AM
...I played 1 night and made 35BB at a 5/10 Hold Them table...

Of course this is not a joke! See, he was playing at a Hold Them table, and if you care to read the fine print you all should know that the site got the right to hold them money at a Hold Them table.

scotnt73
12-09-2003, 09:57 AM
i cashed out 500$ from party the other day and IMMEDIATELY spilled my coffee ruining a perfectly good keyboard...coincidence...i think not!

pudley4
12-09-2003, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9. Is the post by ThomasTem ... no

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif