PDA

View Full Version : Two bets back to me, and they might be playing the board...

ElSapo
12-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Party 3/6

I'm in the SB with a weak ace. MP limps, I complete, BB checks and the flop is KK9. Checked around. Turn is a 9, checked around, river a K.

Final board is KK99K, and I bet. BB raises, MP three-bets.

I think for a while, consider that I'm only looking to gain $5 but have to risk $12 or more to do it, and fold.

Good? Bad?

badboy
12-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah...this situation always sucks. You tried to bet but the other two guys didn't blink. I'd say cut your losses. You did what you could but it got too expensive really fast.

Abagadro
12-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Good fold.

I wouldn't be shocked if the BB had the case K.

lil'
12-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Quick note - I don't play A-little in the SB anymore with one limper. It sucks and I have no position.

If you don't flop an ace you have no hand, and usually you don't flop one.

Lost Wages
12-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Quick note - I don't play A-little in the SB anymore with one limper. It sucks and I have no position.

If you don't flop an ace you have no hand, and usually you don't flop one.

If you only bet flops containing an ace then yes it sucks.

You should be looking to bet a lot of flops like: K72, 955 etc. If the limper or BB are passive calling stations who would call a bet with a hand like QTo on a board of K72 then you should just throw it away.

Lost Wages

Lost Wages
12-09-2003, 10:51 AM
You should have bet the flop and failing that you definately should have bet the turn. See my response to lil'. If you are going to play Ace-rag in the SB you have to be willing to bet more flops than just ones with an ace.

Lost Wages

ElSapo
12-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Chop-chop, but not chop-chop-chop.

Frankly, I still like my fold. I was relatively sure they were playing the board, but the whole risk-reward thing didn't seem to justify a call here.

I also tend to think someone overplayed something. My bet may not have been good, the first raise may have been good, but the three-bet from a guy playing the board seems excessive. But, maybe that's just ego talking and I got taken to school here.

The round of self-congratulations between the two after the hand was irritating, and made me wonder if I mistake was in folding to the two bets, or betting in the first place.

I also think I should have bet the turn, as someone mentioned.

Aces McGee
12-09-2003, 11:39 AM
What about raising with ace-rag offsuit from the SB with just one limper to you?

McGee

lil'
12-09-2003, 01:42 PM
You should be looking to bet a lot of flops like: K72, 955 etc.
Well, of course, but this doesn't work much of the time.

If the limper is weak and you can get the BB to fold pre-flop with a raise, I'd rather raise it. If you limp, you'll miss the flop most of the time. An aggressive opponent may not let you get away with a steal bet, and a calling station will call you down with any pair.

If you can't get the BB out with a raise, I muck it quick.