PDA

View Full Version : Is this Cheating? Collusion? Something else?

B-Man
12-08-2003, 06:16 PM
NL Hold 'em tournament. Late stages, in the money, 3 tables remain.

Player A has approximately 28,000 in chips (3rd largest stack at table). Player B has approximately 48,000 (2nd largest stack at table).

Blinds are 1,000-2000.

Before the flop, Player A raises to 6,000.

Player B re-raises to 20,000. Everyone else folds.

Player A is trying to decide what to do and says, "I have AKs."

Player C says, "call."
Player D says, "raise."
Player E says, "fold."

1. Who's behavior is wrong?
2. What should the penalty(ies) be?
3. Does your answer change if this is a B&M or internet tournament, and should that make a difference?

Boris
12-08-2003, 06:32 PM
No one's behavior is wrong. There is nothing to indicate that player A was telling the truth. As for the other players, it's obviously in their best interest for players A and B to get in a confrontation. My answer would be different if one of the players said call (or raise or fold) and then given more detail on why he thought it was a the proper play.

In the B&M tournies talking in order to gain information or manipulate your opponent is not allowed. In fact talking to your opponent at all could be considered against the rules. This if for Tournaments only. Many big bet players will tell you that the gift of the gab is a very important weapon. I don't really understand the rule against talking in B&M tournies but the rule is pretty clear cut.

Bozeman
12-08-2003, 06:52 PM
c,d,e should all keep their mouths shut (one player to a hand), and I would just warn them unless they are habitual offenders. Player A's action would be OK if a call would put him allin, as it is I would probably let it slide (in general lying is ok but telling the truth is against the rules).

ZeeJustin
12-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Players not in a hand are not allowed to talk about a hand in progress.