PDA

View Full Version : Strategy discussion - party 15-30

nykenny
12-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I rarely play Party Poker's 15-30 game because I generally don't like the 2/3 chip blind structure. Anyway, I decided to play the past weekend seeing so many games are available. In the 15 hours of so I played, I didn't have the best poker experience of my life, though I did win.

There is plenty of action in those games. Sometimes too much. Many people are capable of pulling stunts in later streets like raise or check-raise bluffs on turn and river. The amount of mis-information and mis-representation is high. The games are loose aggressive with a good number of good players in too.

The strategic questions are,
<ul type="square">
How should one select a table, biggest average pot or other factors? (all table selection suggestions / practices are welcome)

Should you adjust to different Loose-Aggressive games, and if so, how? Reason I ask is that I found there are too LAG game types loose aggressive pre-flop and flop vs. loose aggressive all the way.

What percentage of hands do one normally play in these 15-30 Party games (and beat it, of course)?

What in general works better, straight forward play or tricky play (against callers, against tricky aggressive bad players, and good players)?
[/list]

Thanks.

Kenny

glen
12-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Game selection based on stats is tough because usually once a game shows that there is a high percentage of people seeing the flop or big average pots, the wait list fills up quickly, and then by the time you get to the table, the turnover is so fast that the table of full of the TAPs who wanting in after it got good. In general, I would try to find games that are starting up with known fish.

In ring games, tighten up preflop. I would usually see 17-21% of flops after a 1,000 hand session. My postflop play is usually very player dependant, leaning towards abc since I would play at least 2 games at once, but pay off a lot more than you probably do live.

"What in general works better, straight forward play or tricky play (against callers, against tricky aggressive bad players, and good players)?"

This is too general. when you play alot, and pay attention, you'll know when to be tricky or not so tricky. Sometimes playing a hand like it's obviously a monster will still get you the most money. . .

nykenny
12-08-2003, 02:52 PM
thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
but pay off a lot more than you probably do live.

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes i pay off so much, i feel like a slot machine that has only jackpot as outcome.

Kenny

ResidentParanoid
12-08-2003, 03:56 PM
In my experience, you can find the complete spectrum of games. Between the LAG's and solid players it's very easy to both get into trouble and then get run over. And the blinds are expensive. I don't have specific advice, but bring your "A" game or be ready for a rough ride.

NYplayer
12-08-2003, 04:23 PM
since I've discovered party poker i've quit playing live games because 3 15/30's is more profitable than any live situation i've encountered. I agree with an earlier poster that the best game selection technique is to get into games with known fish. lots of the larger pot games are due to preflop aggression but lots of preflop limpers is usually the best type of game. as for stats. after about 1000 hands I usually see the fop about 20% of the time. win a showdown 50%, win about 10% of hands and win flops seen about 33%. these things can go up and down depending on the session though.

rivaridge
12-08-2003, 04:48 PM
The following strategy has worked for me.
1.) Play tight.
2.) Slowplay more.
3.) Play a little more passive than normal pre flop and flop and more aggressive postflop.
4.) Add value to suited hands.
5.) Play tight