PDA

View Full Version : 10 J s 6-12

Schmed
12-08-2003, 11:57 AM
EMP I get 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif folds to me I call, MP player calls, button calls, sb completes, BB checks.

Flop

9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, MP folds, button calls, sb calls, bb calls.

Turn

A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checks to me I check, button checks.

River

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks to me, I bet, button calls, SB folds, bb raises, I call button folds.

BB shows 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop I didn't raise because my thinking was that I this was a hand that liked multi way action. The more the better.

My bet on the flop was pretty automatic. Nobody raising didn't mean anything as this was a pretty passive table. I was pretty sure with the callers that I had a Q out there and maybe some clubs.

Turn, club hit and so did an ace. I figured that there were other people out there that had more of that than me and I din't want to get raised.

River, I dunno...it has got to be wrong checking there. The guy in the BB was pretty weak...and to be honest in my thinking at the time I kind of forgot about him. I was thinking that tighty granny on the end was going to come alive maybe. When she just called I figured her for an ace or a Q. When the BB came alive I had to call because he was a horrible player that I had seen get caught raising with nothing. I figured there was some chance that he would be C/R ing 2 pair or a set that he slowplayed....(he really was that bad)......

There are two potential mistakes here that I see. I could have raised preflop and I could have checked the river. I will raise, sometimes, first one in, with a variety of hands especially after showing down some big hands that I raised preflop.

As always thanks in advance to all that respond

lil'
12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
J-10 is not generally a raising hand, and betting the river was certainly correct.

SevenStuda
12-08-2003, 12:50 PM
You got what was comming for not not raising pre-flop.

BigEndian
12-08-2003, 01:14 PM
This is only a raising situation if the game is tight and you want to get it heads up planning on betting out regardless of most flops. And this isn't the default play, but a change-up.

JTs is a hand that craves multiway action. If you are raising PF with JTs routinely regardless of the scenario, you aren't playing it right imo.

- Groove

Louie Landale
12-08-2003, 02:26 PM
I think you played it fine, especially since BB is known to bluff-raise. Things you are thinking about seem sound, except...

I'm guessing, but I think you are mentally over-evaluating your hand on the turn: getting called would be bad enough, getting raised would be a disaster. Check the turn because you have almost no chance to win: see, you even snagged one of your 6 outs and still lost.

- Louie