PDA

View Full Version : He started swearing at me

Rico Suave
12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Loose table, and I do not have a read on UTG as he is relatively new to my table.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Rico has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP3

UTG limps, Rico limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB raises, UTG calls, Rico calls, SB calls

Flop(8 SB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, Rico calls, SB folds, BB calls

Turn(7 BB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, Rico calls, BB folds

River(12 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, Rico bets, UTG calls

UTG started swearing at me, calling me a xxxxing river rat, etc. This was the first time someone started to berate me on line, and I have to admit I was laughing out loud.

So, am I a river rat? Some will argue my pf limp w/ QJs is wrong, but, in a std 1/2 or 2/4, I almost always limp with this from ep. Is my flop cold call wrong? I have proper pot odds, the draw is to the nut staight, and there is not a 2-flush on the board. I know that the argument against calling here is that the there are people left behind to act (including the pf raiser) and that it could potentially come back to me capped. So what is your opinion...too fishy, its close, or good call?

The turn gave me a tons more outs, so many so, that I maybe should have raised here (i do not raise my draws aggressively enough), but at least calling here is no brainer, right?

Well, like I said, I got scolded by UTG when I took down the pot.

So what do your guys think? Horribly fishy, or would you play it similarly?

--Rico

crockpot
12-08-2003, 11:41 AM
looks fine to me, and if your opponent doesn't understand that he's obviously someone you want to be up against.

ElSapo
12-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Your limp is fine, your call is fine. The river? Yeah, that was fine also...

I play it the same way...

rkiray
12-08-2003, 11:52 AM
You played fine. A couple of years ago swearing on-line seemed much more common than recently. I think it got better when New York cracked down on the banks and it got harder to deposit with some credit cards. Anyway I think it's great playing against an opponent who tilts so easily and gos so out of control. Be sure to take good notes on this guy.

Schmed
12-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I don't see any mistakes there. I don't play QJo from that position...(or many positions)...but suited for one bet I am playing it every time..and I don't care if I'm playing 2/4 online or 20-40 at the B&M. Because of the BB raise you now have your odds to go to the river....heck even if the guy doesn't raise you would have the odds... I may have raised the turn based on outs alone....I know I wouldn't have folded to anything there.

CrackerZack
12-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Ni han.

you should ask him about his anger issues. or offer him a shoulder to cry on. maybe tell him a sob story about how this pot is gonna help you buy a kidney from a turkish man so you can get off dialysis. or you could just say, "Shhh, I'm stacking your chips."

Rico Suave
12-08-2003, 03:34 PM
I have always liked the "shh, I am stacking my chips" one, and I finally got the chance to use it, and I didn't /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I just laughed at him.

However, I did do something I should not have done. I checked the hand history to see what he was betting, and he held K10o for 2 pair. 3 or 4 hands later, I typed in something like " Hey UTG, K10o should not be played UTG." I know I should have just shut up, but oh well, it made me feel better /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

--Rico

Mike
12-08-2003, 03:54 PM
I like your play. Something to keep in mind and I don't know how works online, probably the same way.... Some players with stronger personalities berate and such to attempt to train the people they are playing against to play correctly. Playing correctly to them means you laying down your hand when they are pushing their hand.

UTG was kind of silly otherwise imo. There were tons of outs for many hands to hang around and he's ~ 12:1 against to improve his. You payed for the privilige of hanging around with your hand. I think of them as Mammers....

HajiShirazu
12-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah, good work, although I think it would have been cooler if you had taken it down with a backdoor flush. Always seems to make them more angry.

chesspain
12-08-2003, 06:34 PM
When people question or berate me for what they assume was my fishy but winning play, I type "It must've been all of that cough syrup I drank."

bernie
12-08-2003, 11:26 PM
watching them writhe is so fun. really breaks the monotany of the game. especially when theyd have called the whole way too. the idiot.

it can be fun to ask him if he'd have folded it postflop at any point. that usually shuts em up. or just sit back and enjoy the finer side of tilt.

b

brian0729
12-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Hope you plan to hang around in the SS again, at least a little. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

teneleven
12-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Some players with stronger personalities berate and such to attempt to train the people they are playing against to play correctly.

This is one of the reasons that I like online poker- I can yell and scream at bad players, but they never know it. Why should I tell my competitors how to play better? Do coaches share their playbooks halfway through the football game?

I tend to get up at the next convenient time when this happens- players who were previously not paying all that close attention to my game might start focusing in, which can't be good.

bernie
12-09-2003, 01:45 AM
thanks.

tryin' to sneak in once in awhile. though the volume is tough to keep up with.

cya

b