PDA

View Full Version : 3 major bowls...

scalf
12-08-2003, 07:18 AM
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif..usc, kan st, ok all favoured by about a touch (ok -6.5)

i like all the favs; but feel

ok as bet of extreme strength...

i feel ok just showed up against kan st; the results prove they were right' ok lost and still in championship game...

let's face it; ok is awsome...ok big over lsu...real big...might be a bridge jumping bet...gl all

p.s. i really hate mich' so i am not a good judge of wolverines other than "i don't give a dam fer the state of mich"..lol

gl all

maybe kan st blew it's wad against ok...??

gl

jmho...but i am serious..ok is a huge bet in my opinion...

gl all /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Nottom
12-08-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure whos going to win it, but I think the Rose Bowl might be the best game of the bunch.

Michigan was playing some of the best football in the country to end the season and SC might be up for a letdown after getting snubbed by the BSC so I would probably take the Wolverines if I had to bet the game.

mikelow
12-08-2003, 10:17 PM
My early opinion, subject to change is to take Michigan (USC's defense isn't that good and Michigan has almost as much talent on offense) and LSU (excellent defense getting almost a touchdown and LSU has a much better offense than at the beginning of the season). The other two major bowls--I have no opinion.

Dr Wogga
12-09-2003, 11:19 PM
....Sooners will have a major chip on their shoulder after getting bombed and beat-up by K-State. LSU not good offensively and you are giving Stoops almost a month to prepare for Saban's multiple blitz packages. Oklahoma by 3 TDs at least and a 45-7 shellacking would not surprise the good Dr at all.

Now for Michigan - USC, I actually think the Wolverines are an excellent ML bet. Love them to death with the points. This should be a high-scoring affair, and OT would not be out of the question IMO. I see Michigan hanging on with a 4 pt lead late. I also agree with others who believe this to be the best bowl game of the bunch. Take the points here.

Last, on your K-State game, tough to give the Buckeyes 7 points. However, the Big 12 Championship game and the win at Nebraska a few weeks back were HUGE accomplishments for the Wildcat FB program. These were very big hurdles that Snyder's guys overcame, and their defense right now is the equal of any in the nation - including LSU's. In what should be an under game, I cannot see the Ohio State Luckeyes?? putting more than 14 on the board. OTOH, the defending champs look up and see themselves as 7 point underdogs?? They will be a pissed off bunch - you can bet on it. The issue with Ohio State is that their offense may be the weakest K-State has faced other than Baylor or Iowa State. This bowl will be the most brutal of them all - a virtual fist fight in pads, and there may be more penalty yards than any other bowl. Better to play the under than K-State, although a Wildcat shutout (say 23-0) would not surprise the good Dr either.

GL and happy holidays!!

scalf
12-10-2003, 12:14 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif..lotta sharps are eyeing over mich/usc..

56 a lotta points...lol..over at halftime?????

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

mikelow
12-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Actually, I think this will not be a high-scoring game. LSU's defense is really that good. And their offense has improved over the course of the season.

While I think Oklahoma knew they were in the title game anayway, they were really dominated by Kansas State. The one caution on taking LSU is that they may not have the kind of offensive players like Roberson and Sproules.

Like the under better than the side.

Dr Wogga
12-11-2003, 12:26 AM
....if the Sooners jump on them early as I expect they will, LSU will be forces to take chances on both sides of the ball. I don't see this game as being in any way similar to the Florida State-Oklahoma defensive struggle af ew years ago for the national title. The Sooners offense is a lot better in this year's version and, Oklahoma is coming off a major embarassment. While I agree with your logic, the tone of the game could result in it being a lot more wide open than you would think for a national championship game. One last thing - Stoops has been here before, and that experience may help his team both in preparation and managing the game itself

Porcupine
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
I can't decide on USC/Michigan. I like the fact that USC has Carroll (pretty good NFL "X and O" guy) and Chow; Given a month to prepare, I expect some very nice schemes from them. However, I agree with others that Michigan's offensive talent is strong, and coupled with their good D, they definitely could be in a position to win this game.

Maybe the over is the play for me /images/graemlins/grin.gif