PDA

View Full Version : Aggrivation

Jason Strasser
12-08-2003, 04:23 AM
I could not be more frustrated with Party Poker. Because of my rather low bankroll, I play the $10 and $30 sng's, and the .5/1 or even 1/2 limit games. And the upcoming situation happens all too often:

First round of a $10 sng, about the 5th hand, I get dealt AKs in MP. After 2 limpers, I bet 150, in hopes of stealing the blinds--or at best being able to put any callers on a hand.

Not only do I get one caller, but the button, BB, and EP call. I am very scared.

The flop comes Q62 rainbow. At this moment I'm very nervous, but fire another shot of 275 into the pot--if I get called, and no help arrives, I will check and fold. Of course, to my horror, the button reraises all in, and the first limper immediately calls.

I fold.

Q2s loses to Q6o. I lower my head in disgust.

Another time, it is round 6, and there are 4 people left. I am a medium stack, at around T1300. To my left, there is a stack slightly larger, at T1700. I get dealt JJ in the small blind. I decide to go all in--so far my read on the player is rather aggressive, who defends his blinds hard against medium raises. And although I am risking finishing in 4th, I want to win the tournament, and being aggressive and stealing blinds is essential.

He calls me without a second delay. Out come Q 9 8 5 2, no flush draw, and to my horror, he flashes Q10 off and takes me out.

These games are too crazy for me. The low limit games are filled with maniacs, and in the SNG's up to the $30 level, are full of crazy poker players. Sure I have my days where I completely dominate them, but the variance is too high, and I find myself going on losing streaks--bad beat after bad beat.

Where can I find a "normal" game? Or should I just shuttup, and take the beats like a trooper?

Thanks for your time.
-Jason

12-08-2003, 05:07 AM
For sng`s I would consider playing at Pokerstars. The players are better, but the lower buyins sng`s are not that hard to beat. Also the stucture at PS with T1500 chips and 10 mins levels are far superior to PP.

Schmed
12-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Lars is right, Stars is far superior to any of the other sites when you are talking about tournaments and SnG's.

Ya know bad beats happen. Bad players happen. The best thing about Stars is they give you those extra 700 chips. The extra chips allow the better players to be able to get off of a hand like your AK and still have plenty of chips to battle. On PP you have a couple of missed AK or AQs you are battling from a short stack.