PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what to think of the 6 max games

slavic
12-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
slavic has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is CO

UTG limps, MP1 limps, slavic(poster) raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Flop(8 SB): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, slavic bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 raises, slavic 3-bets, UTG caps, MP1 calls, slavic calls

Turn(10 BB): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, MP1 raises, slavic calls, UTG 3-bets, MP1 calls, slavic calls

River(19 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, MP1 raises, slavic 3-bets, UTG caps, MP1 calls, slavic calls

Anyone vote for me to fold on the turn?

kiddo
12-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Whith a flop like this you are either hit or not. The only card that can hurt you is a King.If you are aggressive preflop, and someone checkraise this flop, they normally got the same pair as you, a lower pocketpair, or trips. If he is on a lower pair or same pair but lower kicker, you want him to bet all the way. If he got trips you want to reach showdown as cheap as possible.

Headsup I often call this down from flopcheckraise against someone that often bets aggressive on these kind of flops.

But now its 3-way so 3betting flop is good. But when UTG starts to call your floppbet, but then cap when it comes back, well if he doesnt have the 6 or QQ, he is playing strange. I would only call if I had the odds to draw for a full house. On turn you get another draw, now having 4 outs... but coldcalling turn with 4/47, I wouldnt do it unless I thought the others were maniacs.

crockpot
12-08-2003, 06:23 AM
tough call. UTG's play smells a lot like trips, and you will almost certainly be facing at least a third bet from him here. in a ring game i would definitely give him credit for the 6, but the psychology of these games is different, so it depends on the player. against typical opponents, i would probably muck it and cry on the river.

jknupp
12-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Seems tough to put players on specific hands that would warrant this type of betting. I would definately put one of them on A6s, obviously the MP player is more likely. The UTG is tougher since, unless his UTG PF raise is getting too much respect (not likely on PP LLHE), he would raise with a pair > JJ or with AK/AQ, the hands that would make this play likely (though probably still not correct). To answer the question, though, I would have folded at the turn, since at this point with two bets in front of you, it is supremely likely that someone has the 6, and very possibly 6's full. IMO, you have to know you are beat here with only 5 outs. I would love to know what the opponents had, however, since this was shown down.

Dylan Wade
12-08-2003, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. At 1/2 party, I think someone has the 6. Against lose players you have a marginal draw- and you won't have implied odds, since an A or Q on the river will kill anyone with one 6. In fact, if you find yourself caping the river, as you did, it probably means you're against a total moron, split pot, or four sixes. Against tight players, I'd even less want to call, since what else would they be doing with a 6, unless they have pockets?..or they have three queens which cuts your outs in half. And in that case, calling the turn is a donation.

Though, against tighter players I'd be more inclined to think they have AQ as well or three aces on the turn (or three queens)

Joe Tall
12-08-2003, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, short handed on Party and you just sat down. Tough one, but I don't think I'd fold. These games are routinely wild and the variance is high. I think I'd play it the same way.

Peace,
Joe Tall

slavic
12-08-2003, 11:28 AM
UTG's flop cap sure does smell of a huge hand. Because of the pre-flop action I couldn't put him on a 6 and what other set is available to him? Our other player really looked like a queen.

Since I was confused and had a decent showdown hand on the turn I called, and the river cap was just natural.

UTG has QQ for Q's full of 6's rivers Q's full of Aces.
MP has J6o for 6's full of Aces.

Hmm Aces full of Queens is good

WillMagic
12-08-2003, 12:22 PM
All that's there to say for this one...

gotta love the runner runner nut full house!

Will