PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do it differently?

Joe Tall
12-08-2003, 02:08 AM
5/10 GC - loose great game

I'm UTG and open raise w/A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Guppy cold calls on the button, blinds fold.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, he calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet he calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, he raises?, I cry and call.

Anyone do it different? Check the turn? Fold the river-raise? 3-bet? Kick and scream instead of cry?

Peace,
JT

JohnShaft
12-08-2003, 02:12 AM
I'm playing this the same JT.

Check the Turn? Not when the Turn gives you the nut flush draw in addition to your overcard outs.

Fold to the River raise? Naaaah.
I also don't think you have enough to reraise the river.

Yeah I'm playing this one identically and shrugging my shoulders if I lose, which I guess you did.

Nottom
12-08-2003, 02:22 AM
I would have probably played it the same way.

I'll be optimistic and say you chopped with another AK.

sawil
12-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Is the game that loose if you only got 1 caller? I think you're still ahead with TPTK and would 3 bet. A guppy would'nt bet so tricky as to not raise made flush on turn would he? Maybe he was lucky(fishy) and caught 2 pair?

BreakEvenPlayer
12-08-2003, 02:36 AM
well played

Bob T.
12-08-2003, 02:57 AM
I'd play it the same way. The only place that I could imagine playing differently is on the river, but I don't think that you have enough to threebet the river.

Joe Tall
12-08-2003, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only place that I could imagine playing differently is on the river, but I don't think that you have enough to threebet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately did not, I just added it to leave some mystery to the results, sort of.

The button turned over K7 and took it down. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peace,
JT

chesspain
12-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Don't you just hate when the turn or river improves you to a very good hand and improves your opponent to a better hand /images/graemlins/cool.gif I just say "Would you like those chips in a rack or do you want them as is?"

ElSapo
12-08-2003, 09:26 AM
The only place that I could imagine playing differently is on the river,

Do you mean you check and call on the river? I don't think this is a bad play at all, though arguably better if the ace falls -- making it a better chance Axs just made their two pair. With the king, it's a little better, but I still think the check-call on the river has merit. There are a lot of hands AK beats that will bet, and maybe I can get a busted hand to bet that would have folded. I also save a bet if he happens to have the flush, or happened to be stringing me along with a set.