PDA

View Full Version : Two hands I probably misplayed in the same way.

Acesover8s
12-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Only been at the table for one orbit.

First hand:

UTG raises, next player cold calls, folded to me and I 3-bet with JJ. Folded back to UTG who 4-bets, we both call.

Flop is the innocuous 999 (rainbow). UTG bets out, call, I raise, he 3-bets, we lose the guy in the middle, which makes me happy, I cap and he calls.

Turn is an 8, he bets into me and I call. River is a 6 He bets and I call.

Next hand:

Same table, a few hands later. EP weak player limps, I raise with QKo. Get one coldcaller in LP. BB comes in, limper calls.

Flop comes KsJs5h. Checked to me, I bet, LP raises, EP goes all in for his remaining chips, I 3-bet, he 4-bets. I call.

Turn is a deuce. I check and call.

River is the 9s. I check and make a crying call.

Questions: How bad did I do? What do you put the other players on?

Thanks,

Acesover8s

Dante
12-07-2003, 04:16 PM
On the 1st hand, PF and on the flop, your opponent gave you every indication of a pair bigger than yours and you check called the turn and river. What was the huge mistake here?

On the second hand, you didn't mention if you had the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, so I'm assuming you didn't. After the spade comes on the river, I would fold, having no kind of read on the player. At that point, what hand would be be pounding (especially with an allin player) that you could beat?

elysium
12-07-2003, 09:47 PM
hi aces
you're a little too aggressive needlessly, but no big deal. in my opinion, once you get it down to check-call nervana, he will still bet no matter what, and you will still call no matter what. you're about a suspicious 50% favorite in both hands.

Eric P
12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
1st hand the guy appears to have oyu beat and probably does, but that is hard to lay down, you probably should not have capped the flop, or when you do and he leads out i think it actually becomes a much eaiser fold unless you got a real maniac on your hands. Butt if you are not going to make this laydown then you should not have capped it, this way yo u save yourself 1/2 of a bet, but you lose information; losing this information is o.k. becuase you aren't going to use it anyway (not meant as harshly as it sounds because it's very hard to fold your hand). You either have to fold or check-call so you didn't really misplay it. I also don't like to cap with JJ pre-flop, although this is sort of the flop you are looking for.

2nd hand i would say that you are beat by KJ or at least AK. river call is o.k, turn call i don't like so much.

J_V
12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
1st hand you are too likely beat to put in any flop raises. I got to check/call and bet if checked to. I don't remember if there was another player in the hand, but I don't care, same either way.

DanZ
12-07-2003, 11:30 PM
WEll, we know what I am going to say by now right?

There's no reason to raise in the first hand or do anything but call it down in the 2nd hand once you are raised on the flop. Your kicker stinks with the J on board. When the spade comes on the end, you've got almost no chance.

There is an exception to this: if an early raise will let you safely fold, then there may be a reason to make one. Of course, this means you know your oppoenents blah blah blah.

Dan Z.